Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Th3Batman86 on 01 Feb 2018
  • Gonna be hard to dehydrate at 200°.  Probably need to be in the 150°-180° range for jerky and maybe less for other items.

That's interesting. I wonder why this new one won't do 180 like the old one. Hmmmm
  • #17 by Ross77 on 01 Feb 2018
  • Gonna be hard to dehydrate at 200°.  Probably need to be in the 150°-180° range for jerky and maybe less for other items.

That's interesting. I wonder why this new one won't do 180 like the old one. Hmmmm

It does on the LO setting apparently.
  • #18 by Ross77 on 01 Feb 2018
  • #19 by MadFoodScientist on 01 Feb 2018
  • I wonder why they dropped the red paint- that seemed to be part of the signature look of the Rec Tec.
  • #20 by lamrith on 01 Feb 2018
  • I wonder why they dropped the red paint- that seemed to be part of the signature look of the Rec Tec.
    Unfortunately some people complain about the color all the time, RT tried the black and people were buying new lids, painting their red ones different colors, etc.  I think RT is just trying to appeal to a wider base. 

I am with you, I love the red it is signature color and I am sad to see it go.  100yrds away you could spot a RT, now it will be just another black grill..
  • #21 by snj1013 on 01 Feb 2018
  • They appear to be including shipping in the price now. Everything says free shipping.
    Everything over $99 will be Free Shipping per Ray on the FB video.
  • #22 by snj1013 on 01 Feb 2018

It does on the LO setting apparently.
    Achieving 180 is difficult with the existing grills as well in warmer months. Looks like the minimum feed rate is easier to adjust with the new controller. The low setting sets the grill to feed pellets at the minimum feedrate, and doesn't try to maintain a certain temp.
  • #23 by Ross77 on 01 Feb 2018
  • So it sounds like Xtreme Smoke only runs when the temp is under 200.
  • #24 by GatorDave on 01 Feb 2018
  • I have had paralysis by analysis for the last few years and keep changing my mind on what pit to get.  Rec Tec, then Yoder, then Memphis, then Cookshack, then Campchef, now back to Rec Tec.  There isn't one pit that has everything I want which means that I keep not pulling the trigger.
  • #25 by BigDave83 on 01 Feb 2018
  • I have had paralysis by analysis for the last few years and keep changing my mind on what pit to get.  Rec Tec, then Yoder, then Memphis, then Cookshack, then Campchef, now back to Rec Tec.  There isn't one pit that has everything I want which means that I keep not pulling the trigger.

if you have the funds for the cookshack or yoder or memphis, then take a look at the pitts and spitts offering. If I were buying a new one today I would be looking at them pretty hard.
  • #26 by Lantern on 01 Feb 2018
  • For some reason I'm thinking the mid sized 590 will really fly out the door. 899 for all those features and more square inches than the MAK I have coming.
    • Lantern
  • #27 by cookingjnj on 01 Feb 2018
  • Just watched the FB intro video.  Cool stuff.  Sounds like the first Bull purchase was in New Jersey.  Another RT cooker in my state.  Awesome.  What was with the tease with the pit on a trailer at the end?  It had the coloring of a 680, but looked bigger to me.
  • #28 by lamrith on 01 Feb 2018
  • For some reason I'm thinking the mid sized 590 will really fly out the door. 899 for all those features and more square inches than the MAK I have coming.
    Yeah if I was in the market right now with nothing I would be scooping up the Stampede and a Bbullseye, pretty potent pairing.
  • #29 by Free Mr. Tony on 01 Feb 2018
  • I really like the black in the new 700. I thought the red was cool out of the box, but quickly became yucky looking.

The stampede for some reason is very odd looking to me. Good size, but strange.

One thing that's always irritated me is their pricing. It's never actually the crossed out price, so don't act like its somehow on sale. It's not a used car lot. You are selling what you yourself call premium grills. Act like it, and just put the price that it is.

Now if they ever were actually the original price, then fine. Otherwise,  just call it what it is.
  • #30 by cookingjnj on 01 Feb 2018
  • I have one of the new porcelain doors which still looks good albeit still only 1 year old.  Although the red/orange door spells Rec Tec, I do like the look of the Black on stainless of the Bull. I agree with you FMT, the prices never change or have not in the time I have been looking, just show the price as it is. Price is competitive, product is competitive customer service is great, live on those principles, no need for gimmicks. 
Pages:
Actions