Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 New Models announced  (Read 5812 times)

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: 3 New Models announced
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2018, 12:22:24 PM »

I'm intrigued by the new Stampede.  Can anybody provide commentary on pros, cons, or experiences with this style of venting system?  The Stampede has 3 slots/cutouts in the upper rear for venting as opposed to a more typical smokestack tube.  At least that's what the pictures indicate. 
I was wondering how that might influence the unit's ability to hold smoke and temperature.  Thanks! 
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

Ross77

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »

I'm intrigued by the new Stampede.  Can anybody provide commentary on pros, cons, or experiences with this style of venting system?  The Stampede has 3 slots/cutouts in the upper rear for venting as opposed to a more typical smokestack tube.  At least that's what the pictures indicate. 
I was wondering how that might influence the unit's ability to hold smoke and temperature.  Thanks!

It’s similar to the RecTec Mini that was cancelled a couple months ago. I don’t think there were any issues with temps or smoke.
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2018, 01:46:14 PM »

Just fyi, they also make some good looking SS "rain guards" for the vents on their accessories page. 
Rec Tec 680 Weber 26" Kettle WSM

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2018, 03:10:27 PM »

My Traeger JR vents this way. No problems except for wind. You have to make sure you are not sitting sideways in the wind or it can cause a flame out. This has happened to me and others I know that have JR's. Not sure about how the stainless steel vent caps would work but would probably help. Oh and rain falls right in and can fall onto the food at the right angle. But overall cooks just the same as any other.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Ralphie

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2018, 08:33:06 AM »

I was just about to buy the Stampede yesterday but honestly, this vent design is worrying me a bit.  The idea of having a flame out due to a gust of wind in that vent is bothering me.  Those vent accessories they have are inexpensive and look like they might help (certainly with keeping rain out). 
Is a wind induced flame out a somewhat normal thing for pellet grills in general?  Or just with this venting style?
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

Ross77

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2018, 08:49:55 AM »

You might want to post a new topic asking this question. You might get more responses.
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

bobbert

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »

I'm interested in one of the newer Rec Tec's myself but will wait on early adopters before I make my decision.  I noticed in the manual on the Stampede they list a weight of 123 lbs. which seems to be on the light end  of things for grills of this size, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I have the time to wait for reports back.  Besides it will give me time to look for alternatives to those handles if I decide to go with a Rec Tec, not a fan.

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2018, 02:14:15 PM »

Traeger Junior has the exhaust outlets along the back side of the main body...  Firecraft Q450 also uses similar setup...

In general, I don't think it's a issue...   other then maybe the fact that rain could get in those openings too.  But as I understand it, there are some louvers that can be added, or are available.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up