Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by reubenray on 02 Feb 2018
  • I do nothing but St. Louis style ribs, but I may have to try BB's.  It is hard to find good thick and meaty St. Louis style ribs.
  • #17 by dclord on 16 Feb 2018
  • I used to do mostly baby backs, but now that you guys taught me how to do spare ribs those are my favorite.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• #18 by Ralphie on 16 Feb 2018
  • I’ve never said no to a rib. I’m easy. But when I’m cooking them, I go for whatever looks to be trimmed and ready to go. That usually means B.B. or St Louis cut. If I have a choice of those, I go with price as long as there isn’t a noticeable difference in quality of that particular selection.
  • #19 by Trooper on 16 Feb 2018
  • I have a clear and distinct favorite in this discussion

My favorite is ----

the rack that is currently coming out of the smoker.
  • #20 by cookingjnj on 16 Feb 2018
  • I'm with Trooper! 
  • #21 by Bentley on 16 Feb 2018
  • BB for me, cooking is about the same for me with either.  Dont seem to find the fat pockets on BB like Spares, the meat seems to be more uniform, and I just like the flavor a tad more then the Spare.
  • #22 by silverbullet on 16 Feb 2018
  • When I buy ribs its BB most of the time. The Sam's Club here always has nice, meaty ones & usually comes in packs of three so there's enough for a couple meals. When I'm cheap its spares.

Its all good!
  • #23 by Clonesmoker on 18 Feb 2018
  • Threw on a rack of St. Louis style, just used salt and pepper, been on the smoker now for about 4 hours. Start em at 170 for two hours, 190 for two hour and just upped it 220.
  • #24 by Jcorwin818 on 18 Feb 2018
  • Living in KC the majority of the time I cook Baby Backs and for a change of pace I will cook some Spareribs and we always cook spares down in Enid Ok at the Red Dirt BBQ.

Pages:
Actions