Recipe Section > Sides

Baked Tomatoes

(1/2) > >>

pmillen:
     Cut tomatoes in half around the equator.  Cut out the center core.

Scoop out the pulp and seeds, rinse to remove the liquids and stuff the segments with spice, herbs and Gruyère.

Top them with shredded Gruyère and roast at almost any temperature.  They don't seem to be temperature sensitive.  I just roast them until they begin to squat.

Bar-B-Lew:
Where are the pics of the final product? ;D

GREG-B:
Ever done this with green tomatoes?   I'm either going to have to fry some or find some other way to use green tomatoes because that appears that all I'm going to have b4 frost hits. :'(

pmillen:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on August 30, 2017, 11:39:52 AM ---Where are the pics of the final product? ;D

--- End quote ---

I'll look.  My pre-Apple photo storage is a nightmare.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: GREG-B on August 30, 2017, 12:16:48 PM ---Ever done this with green tomatoes?   I'm either going to have to fry some or find some other way to use green tomatoes because that appears that all I'm going to have b4 frost hits. :'(

--- End quote ---

I've never tried it with green tomatoes.  If you have a lot, you could experiment.  I'd like to know the result.

My Old Country (immigrant) parents used to grind them up into a relish they called "Chow-Chow".  I don't know if they made the name up or whatever but the relish was super.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View