Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by silverbullet on 31 Jan 2018
  • I live in an area where there are plenty of Louisiana dealers along with GMG & Traeger. I have been looking for a CS450. Seems some of the Louisiana dealers sell LG & others CS. The two dealers that have CS's are sold out. So I asked them since their a Dealer why not just order one for me if its not to much for shipping. Seems their reps don't respond to their dealers in a timely manner. So I called Louisiana and asked them why I can't get a CS450. Simple they discontinued the line in the U.S. Whatever the Dealers have/had should be the end of them. They are just going to have the LG's which is pretty much the same pit. I'm wondering why they didn't inform their dealers.
    Country Smokers will be sold in Canada only & LG's in the US. Just spoke with Louisiana again.
  • #2 by Bentley on 31 Jan 2018
  • I'll be darned!  Did you ask if any of the other lines are comparable to the 450?
  • #3 by silverbullet on 31 Jan 2018
  • I'll be darned!  Did you ask if any of the other lines are comparable to the 450?

The LG700 is identical to the CS450, The only difference is in the grate & driptray. Size wise its the same the LG lists for $100.00 less. Probably why their discontinuing them. Yet their still listed on Louisiana's webpage. There was a LG700 for sale in a hardware store 45 miles from here a few weeks ago. I may just call & see if they still have it. They had it marked $100.00 off of list price.
  • #4 by ScottE on 01 Feb 2018
  • Wow! They are very similar but not quite identical though - for example the auger motor is different.
  • #5 by wilpark on 01 Feb 2018
  • also the CS is made in Canada and the LG series is made in China
Pages:
Actions