Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ArborAgent on 02 Feb 2018
  • I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I have a lot of probes for my Fireboard and it drives me nuts that they're all the same color. I always had to be careful about the order I unplugged them in when I pulled them out to wrap a brisket.

Then it hit me, heat shrink would be perfect!

I cut a small amount of heat shrink tubing (8mm/4mm tubing fit best) and shrunk it to the end of the probes. This took me all of 10 minutes to wrap the ends of the probes I have in use.
  • #2 by Goosehunter51 on 02 Feb 2018
  • Brilliant
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Feb 2018
  • Nice work
  • #4 by DE on 03 Feb 2018
  • Sometimes I can't see the forest because of the trees!
    ArborAgent, you are awesome and I don't know or care if "Hank Hill is disappointed in you or not" I am proud of you. I have been trying to think how to do this for a couple of weeks and just couldn't see it. WOW!
    Did you do anything on the actual probe end or just leave it?  When I'm able to get out of the house again, Altex here I come.

Thanks
  • #5 by ArborAgent on 03 Feb 2018
  • I didn’t bother with the probe end. I didn’t want to worry about the food safety aspect of this.

Hank Hill is a character on the cartoon “King of the Hill” he sells propane and propane accessories. His slogan is “taste the meat, not the heat”. He’d be aghast if he knew about pellet grills.
  • #6 by cookingjnj on 04 Feb 2018
  • The creativity of folks on this site never ceases to amaze me.  Love coming to this site to learn something new everyday.  Thanks ArborAgent.
  • #7 by Canadian John on 04 Feb 2018
  • The creativity of folks on this site never ceases to amaze me.  Love coming to this site to learn something new everyday.  Thanks ArborAgent.
    +1!
  • #8 by DE on 05 Feb 2018
  • ArborAgent, where did you purchase the heat shrink tubing kit you used?

Thanks
  • #9 by ArborAgent on 05 Feb 2018
  • Search Amazon for "B01FYUF5Q4" and you'll find the kit I used.

My heat gun is a Porter & Cable.
Pages:
Actions