Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's a Wrap! for pulled pork  (Read 4758 times)

Michael_NW

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Battle Ground, WA
Re: It's a Wrap! for pulled pork
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 10:42:34 PM »

What was surprising was how well the butcher paper held in the liquid; it was trickier to pour off due to the less stiff nature of the paper, but there was no less liquid in the bp than the foil.

That is why I put the foiled butt in a pan after I pull it off the grill.  I just remove the foil and the juices fall in the pan.  I then pull right in the pan with the juices and mix everything together after throwing a little more rub in with the pulled meat before mixing.  I am too lazy to wait to separate fat and reincorporate.

If it were for me and the majority of folks here I would do exactly as you recommend, BBL. You're not lazy, I prefer the term efficient.   :pig:  I am not averse to more fat in my pork, but I do not cook just for myself. So while I am fine with fat leaking out of the bun of my pulled pork sandwich, my wife wishes for a less napkin-centric experience.   :D
MAK 2 Star #2799 Weber Spirit

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 11:25:53 AM »

I have never used butcher paper before but this thread convinced me to try it.  I want what you used given it's ability to hold a good bit of the run off juices. 

Is there a type or brand that is recommended?  Where do you find it? 

Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

Michael_NW

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Battle Ground, WA
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 05:38:36 AM »

Boy, am I late in answering this or what. Please forgive me, Ralphie! I got mine a webstaurantstore, but I'm sure its available in many places.
MAK 2 Star #2799 Weber Spirit
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up