Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Michael_NW on 08 Feb 2018

• What was surprising was how well the butcher paper held in the liquid; it was trickier to pour off due to the less stiff nature of the paper, but there was no less liquid in the bp than the foil.

That is why I put the foiled butt in a pan after I pull it off the grill.  I just remove the foil and the juices fall in the pan.  I then pull right in the pan with the juices and mix everything together after throwing a little more rub in with the pulled meat before mixing.  I am too lazy to wait to separate fat and reincorporate.

If it were for me and the majority of folks here I would do exactly as you recommend, BBL. You're not lazy, I prefer the term efficient.   :pig:  I am not averse to more fat in my pork, but I do not cook just for myself. So while I am fine with fat leaking out of the bun of my pulled pork sandwich, my wife wishes for a less napkin-centric experience.   :D
  • #17 by Ralphie on 28 Feb 2018
  • I have never used butcher paper before but this thread convinced me to try it.  I want what you used given it's ability to hold a good bit of the run off juices. 

Is there a type or brand that is recommended?  Where do you find it? 

• #18 by Michael_NW on 04 Apr 2018
  • Boy, am I late in answering this or what. Please forgive me, Ralphie! I got mine a webstaurantstore, but I'm sure its available in many places.
Pages:
Actions