Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by DE on 26 Dec 2017
  • This big boy went in about 6:30 AM at set temp of 250. Uncharted territory for me here, the Rub (Dalmation, I call it, is 50/50 Kosher Salt and Black Pepper) has been on since Saturday night late. Wrapped in plastic wrap in frig. Hoping all will be well with it. Anybody have in confidence building comments about that. Thanks

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by DE on 26 Dec 2017
  • “Anybody have any confidence building comments ...”

Well, that’s not encouraging. Will find out tomorrow night with #3 I guess. #2 was a give away.
  • #3 by DE on 28 Dec 2017
  • Well, as stated I have been really nervous about leaving my rub on the Briskys for so long but no harm no foul, they were as awesome as always (I’m thankful for that by the way) 3 and a half days it was for #3. And a huge shout out for my May 2011 version of the PG1000. It’s been pilling the load, brisket Sunday, rib eyes on Monday, another large Hunk of Goodness on Tuesday and yet one more today Wednesday. She gets a rest now and I’m needing some more Perfect Mix Pellets.
    #3 will get Vacuum packed up, frozen and used on demand.

Point at 275 and flat below at 250

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Point after resting a couple of hours, delicious and tender.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

flat coming off and heading to Cambr to rest a bit

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #4 by Jmeitz on 26 Mar 2018
  • I see you made your own grates. Nice.  What size did you do on top?
  • #5 by DE on 27 Mar 2018
  • 13x28, same expanded SS in Z4. Good to see you over here!
  • #6 by Jmeitz on 27 Mar 2018
  • Nice, I was looking for replacement grates and ended up ordering some custom 1/4” laser cut ones.  Would have preferred to have spent less though.
Pages:
Actions