Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GMG App issues  (Read 690 times)

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
GMG App issues
« on: April 01, 2019, 12:58:29 PM »

Started a brisket smoke at midnight on Saturday night. I noticed that it took 3 times for me to start the grill via the app which was unusual.  I had a profile setup to use on my app. Set it for 150 for an hour. 170 for 3 hours, etc.  I put the brisket on and made sure everything was good, which it was. Changed the app from Wifi to server mode, no problem.  I woke up around 4:30. Looked out side and saw the LED at 170, noticed on the app that server mode had disconnected, which is not unusually. It wouldn't go back to my home wifi so I went out to see if I could change the temp manually, with no luck. I open the the DB up and everything was cold! I was like "now what"?  The red light was still one, so I had no option but to shut the grill off and back on. I started grill from the controller and got everything back up to temp. Checked the app and since the grill was already started I couldn't go onto my home Wifi, just the GMG wifi.  Low and behold this was the finished product at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. Probably one of the best briskets I have done. I pulled at 180-185 temp range and let it rest for about 10 minutes as we needed to get dinner done and over as we had a meeting to get to. I have already contacted GMG yesterday afternoon with the issue to get some feedback from them on this, but nothing yet.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: GMG App issues
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »

The brisket looks scrumptious... I would be interested in GMG's response.

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 10:05:43 PM »

Call or email Rick.  He is very helpful imho.   :clap:

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 07:32:50 PM »

Got an from Tim Purnell telling me to update to 6.7 Prototype which I have had since it came out a long time ago and never had any issues with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up