Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uuni 3 Pellet Fired Pizza Oven Member Funded Product Review  (Read 15125 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Product Review of the Uuni 3 Pellet Fired Pizza Oven
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2018, 05:03:58 PM »

I think if you are having friends over, it is a nice summer evening.  You have someone making the pies, you have another person who will help you tend the pellets.  You are just taking your time, eating, enjoying, it would be a very nice way to make some 10 inch pizzas.  On the other hand, you are a dufas, by yourself, in the cold and wind, trying to make stuff that is not in your wheel house...it is another story!

I am really hoping whoever wins it, and masters it, will try some of the stuff I just did not feel I had the time or skill or patience to do and post it in this thread!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2018, 07:25:27 PM »

Hey Bent.....thanks for trying the Naan.  I know it was a challenge, looked good enough to eat to me.  Most important, you did demonstrate it is possible to cook Naan in the Uuni.  Appreciate you trying and giving us the video.  Now I am really hungry for some Naan.   Snowing right now, do don't think I will even go out to get.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2018, 08:03:18 PM »

I like to toast the muffins before doing english muffin pizzas. Toast, top, into the Nuwave oven for 6 minutes, take out say those look really good, bite, burn all the skin off of the roof of mouth, fail to learn lesson because you do the same thing over and over again.

Thanks for all the work on the review.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2018, 08:07:41 PM »

wonder how that oven works in this...the storm that has that came early and exceeded the storm forecast 30 minutes after its originally projected start time..not to mention that i read an article last week about how it was not supposed to drop below 40° anymore this winter/spring

MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2018, 08:53:29 PM »

we had that stuff today also in SW PA, slippery, lots of crashes.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »

we had that stuff today also in SW PA, slippery, lots of crashes.

Well, it has been rolling thru East Central PA this afternoon and evening apparently at a rate higher than expected.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Discussion thread for Product Review of the Uuni 3 Pellet Fired Pizza Oven
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2018, 08:58:29 PM »

I just let it burn out.  You could cook on a plastic table with this thing, the separation of the legs is plenty enough room for the heat to dissipate!

Will try and get those last couple of cooks in this weekend.  Prep for Brandy Station Lunch today and the event tomorrow has curtailed my activity today and tomorrow.  Will then have Kristin figure out when the drawing is and try and set up the webcam so folks can watch the random number being generated...I guess that is how the winner is being determined?

www.random.org

is there a method to cool down the grill or do you just leave the chimney open and let it burn out?

how is that mesh table holding up to the heat from the grill?

Is the bottom below the stone insulated which keeps the heat from getting below the legs?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
Re: Discussion thread for Product Review of the Uuni 3 Pellet Fired Pizza Oven
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2018, 09:01:06 PM »

No, just the metal of the body.  Not sure why the double wall on the sides and part of the top, maybe something to do with the convection and heat distribution.  Or maybe they are just trying to mitigate if someone touches the outside of those areas! 

I tried to take a reading with the IR gun, but mine does not have an emmisitivity adjustment, and I can guarantee you that the metal was more then 135°F when that thing was going full blast!

Is the bottom below the stone insulated which keeps the heat from getting below the legs?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:06:37 PM by Bentley »

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2018, 06:26:13 AM »

I think if you are having friends over, it is a nice summer evening.  You have someone making the pies, you have another person who will help you tend the pellets.  You are just taking your time, eating, enjoying, it would be a very nice way to make some 10 inch pizzas.  On the other hand, you are a dufas, by yourself, in the cold and wind, trying to make stuff that is not in your wheel house...it is another story!

I think you have probably just described the difference between your testing and my experience being fed pizza by my friend!
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2018, 11:40:54 AM »

Bentley, did yours get sooty inside?  Sooty enough to get it on the pies?

Chris_M, is your friend's sooty?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »

Yes very sooty inside I just got through cleaning it and I am filthy!  But I never picked up any sooty flavor in the pies, sometimes that bit of char, but that was heat, not soot!

On a side note, I would never have believed I could get that thing 98% packed the way it came!  I hope the winner will realize this has been used and I tried to get it "presentable" for lack of a better word.  It is a used unit!

Bentley, did yours get sooty inside?  Sooty enough to get it on the pies?

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2018, 01:31:12 PM »

The packing is pretty impressive. I don't think I've ever got anything back in a box the way it came. Especially one with that many pieces.

I noticed in some other YouTube uuni videos some very black smoke as well. It never seemed to color the pizza in those either, which I find very odd. Maybe it just sucks it so forcefully across the top and out that it doesn't drop on the food. It is a very big stack for a small piece of equipment.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up