Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Uuni 3 Pellet Fired Pizza Oven Member Funded Product Review  (Read 15102 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

Editing and processing assembly video right now.  It took me appx 22 minutes.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana

The stone does go all the way to each side, so the entire surface of the square is usable.  Or did you want to know the length from L to R?

I believe they're referring to clearance from stone to oven top. As in, does it slope down from center to sides on the interior top, or is it flat all the way across? Apologies if I'm not understanding correctly.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
Re: Product Review of the Uuni 3 Pellet Fired Pizza Oven
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »

Assembly Video of the Uuni 3.  Not a tough assembly.  You will see my frustration regarding the stone and the one piece of hardward...Maybe when I look at it, it will be out of sequence, but I do not know how one was supposed to know that piece was supposed to go o top of the unit.  That was the only issue, they rest was very straight forward.

Uuni 3 Assembly

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

Assembly video posted.

There is a small slant towards the top of the sides, you can see the slant in the video, will not cause an issue I do not think!

Dough is rising right now...and will then be put in fridge.  My sister Karen's birthday dinner tomorrow, so may not get around to any cooking till Saturday.  May try another video of burn in today!  Don't quote me on that!

Mudflap

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Sunset in Harrisburg Oregon

The stone does go all the way to each side, so the entire surface of the square is usable.  Or did you want to know the length from L to R?

The first post on other Thread under Technical specification: It says "Max clearance above stone: 11 cm / 4.3”

Just wanted to know if it is that high on the Left and Right sides cook door or is that the middle.

Mudflap
Just want to cook good food. DB GMG

Chris__M

• Food Adventure

Assembly video posted.

I loved watching this as much for putting a voice/character to your name as well as the actual assembly.

I'll now hear your posts in your voice. :D
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas

That was nicely done.
You made it look pretty easy.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

Well, I tried cooking one last night.  Small unit, a peel that has no handle.  Complete disaster.  I decided to scratch that video!

I spent 10 minutes cleaning the stone.  I am going to look at their videos and try and see if I can master the heat or at least figure it out, best I could do was high 600°'s.  I am posting this here and not in the PR because I do believe a company deserves the benefit of the doubt on learning curve and this is still a record of the PR.  The fire has a black smoke to it, that sooty, black, incomplete wood combustion smoke, made the corners of the stone dark.  So it is videos, fire management and trying to learn how to keep a wet dough from sticking on a stainless steel peel.  I made & cooked pizza's 38 years ago, how hard can it be?

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

Did you have to bleep out any audio on that video?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

It would have sounded like one long beep...Larry would not have been proud!

Did you have to bleep out any audio on that video?

TechMOGogy

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Ontario, Canada

Well, I tried cooking one last night.  Small unit, a peel that has no handle.  Complete disaster.  I decided to scratch that video!

I spent 10 minutes cleaning the stone.  I am going to look at their videos and try and see if I can master the heat or at least figure it out, best I could do was high 600°'s.  I am posting this here and not in the PR because I do believe a company deserves the benefit of the doubt on learning curve and this is still a record of the PR.  The fire has a black smoke to it, that sooty, black, incomplete wood combustion smoke, made the corners of the stone dark.  So it is videos, fire management and trying to learn how to keep a wet dough from sticking on a stainless steel peel.  I made & cooked pizza's 38 years ago, how hard can it be?

This is what I wondered/worried about - how they get a clean burn with no forced air flow!?!
GMG DC, FEC100, PK360

slaga

I wonder if you put a very small fan blowing into the back of the fire chamber, if the combustion would be better. I dont think it would need much. But that is not the design of the manufacturer either. Maybe a fan would help it get started and would not be needed once the fire is going good. The videos I watched said they let it burn for 20 or 30 minutes before checking the temperature. I would think the front door would need to be closed that entire time to reach the higher temperatures. Just a few observations/suggestions of things I would try. You probably already did some of them, but the fan would be something I would try to help it along.
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

Maybe.
Yes, a reason why I do not want to do it, but new owner may.
The Uuni ones say about 3-5, then add the additional.  But it maybe time to look for the real world videos. And yes to the front door, I guess with it closed, that is how the convection is produced to keep fuel lit and disperse heat.

I wonder if you put a very small fan blowing into the back of the fire chamber, if the combustion would be better.
But that is not the design of the manufacturer either.
The videos I watched said they let it burn for 20 or 30 minutes before checking the temperature. I would think the front door would need to be closed that entire time to reach the higher temperatures.

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas

Well darn, I wanted to hear the bleep.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

With triple glazed doors fully shut, you could hear the whole rant.  Mom would have fainted at the language.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up