Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Uuni 3 Pellet Fired Pizza Oven Member Funded Product Review  (Read 14917 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

A learning curve...Naw!  I was pleased that small, smashed pieces of ground beef can be cooked in 3 minutes...Ranch dressing, garlic, salt this time and GB...

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana

I have no idea what you are asking me.

If you can shoot the interior top right after the stone on one so I can see the difference between the two. Hopefully the top is a little higher than the stone.

The roof of the oven temp in relation to the stone. Most pizza ovens will run 20% or so hotter on the dome versus the stone. It helps with even cooking.

I asked that before i saw your second pizza. Definitely looks to be plenty of top heat. Also, looked like that first pizza really sucked alot of heat from the stone unless your fire really died down in between.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

All of these pizza pics and Papa Murphys talk had me just order two pizzas from a local shop to go pick up.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

30 minutes and a restart between pies...And early today, when I was doing the burn in, which I was not instructed to do in the instructions that came with it, but I did see on their web site today...It was rolling flames along the top of that thing!  There was flame coming out of the top of the chimmny. 

Here comes the brutal honesty...to hard to make pizza, keep pellets up to correct level, go back get pizza, put on without shaking pie all over the place cuz you have a 13 inch opening, check pellets, to much heat, wow, no real way to counter act that, open front...Sorry, turn on Memphis Pro, get hot, slide pizza on big grate, take off 7 minutes later, eat pizza!

Definitely looks to be plenty of top heat. Also, looked like that first pizza really sucked alot of heat from the stone unless your fire really died down in between.

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana

When you posted the directions it reminded me of the flame genie fire pit. It works, but it's alot of babysitting. And if you snuff out the fire, god help you.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

I know I have only observed this pellet pizza pit for between 5 and 10 minutes, but it does not seem user friendly.  I agree with FMT's sentiments -- it works, but it is a lot of work!!!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

when does the family pizza party start?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

I think it is set for 5pm EST.  And it will probably be it for Neo pizzas...

Will be happy to make up some more dough, but unless someone wants to see some specific cook or data, or whatever on a Neapolitan style, I am going to move off the pizza and on to the other stuff folks wanted cooked.

So, if I have not covered the pizza to your liking, please speak up, or just general knowledge you want me to go over.  Otherwise there is a lot of eating to be done on the other foods and I think it is going to take several days, and Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually out!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

Great, if I leave now, I can make it there in time :cool:

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

I did buy 2 store pizzas today one thin crust and one cracker crust.   We aren't having those tonight, but I do want to try them at a later date and see what happens.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

I did buy 2 store pizzas today one thin crust and one cracker crust.   We aren't having those tonight, but I do want to try them at a later date and see what happens.

good plan as you may need them for backups tonight ;)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
Re: Product Review of the Uuni 3 Pellet Fired Pizza Oven
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2018, 07:17:46 PM »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »

The Uuni manual says that cooking in wind maybe more difficult, I believe they are correct.  No choice, as everyone was invited and it had to be done.  They say if you have to, turn the oven so it is perpendicular to the wind, but it seemed the wind was swirling on the patio.  It also says that the oven may need some recovery time between pies, I failed to remember that between pies 2 and 3 and I believe they suffered.  Done, but tops cooked more then bottom.  The family was kind in their comments, but the only one that cam out like a Neapolitan was the 1st.   You need to figure about 5 minutes and a pellet top up between each pie!

I did cook my pie at the very end, the unit was dying down and it was in for about 10 minutes, it was the best of the 5 to me.  I have come to understand I like a 00 yeast dough that take about 10-12 minutes to cook on about 450-500°. That cook at least gave me hope I may be able to cook a calzone in it Weds.  Personally I feel the unit is to hot on top, it needs more heat underneath and less on top.  Maybe with several day of trial and error, one might be able to accomplish that.  Maybe the new owner will!  And if they do, maybe they will share that knowledge in this thread when it is opened up!

I will be the 1st to say that the unit works the way it is "advertised".  You can cook a very hot Neapolitan style pizza in it.  But it, how should I say...It is just to much work for me. It is one thing to build a fire in a pizza oven and have to tend it every hour or even every 45 minutes, it is another to have to worry about pellets literally every 5 minutes.  I would just prefer it be heated with gas or electricity and I can concentrate on cooking the pies.  Or get and auger, pellet hopper and thermostat on the unit.  $$$$, yeah, I know.

There is not a lot more to say about this regarding pizzas, if you have question of me, please ask in the discussion thread.  We will now more on to other types of cooks!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2018, 07:42:29 PM »

I take back that this is the end of the pizzas.  What I am curious about is can I start a small fire with wood chunks in the fuel chamber and make it work, I will work on that this week!  See if a more sustained heat can be achieved for a longer period with just wood chunks and not pellets!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up