Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dk117 on 07 Feb 2018
  • just saw this episode.  hickory sawdust from the local saw mill?   Fun episode, one has to wonder if this was the precursor to pellets.   They also have a fan on the fire and an auger on their "newer" smoke unit.   Sounds like it was invented 40 plus years ago. 

DK

Gotta go to the final segment to see.  (11 minute mark starts the segment)
    https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/videos/hamming-it-up-0220909
    • dk117
  • #2 by Bobitis on 07 Feb 2018
  • After the 3rd add, I gave up.

Nothing of value here in my opinion. Spam vid at its finest.
  • #3 by dk117 on 07 Feb 2018
  • Your technical ineptitude does not make my post spam or of no value.   Sorry you had trouble seeing the segment.   

DK
    • dk117
  • #4 by Bobitis on 07 Feb 2018
  • If I click on the link you posted. I get and advert. When it plays through, I get another advert.  Then another. 3 strikes and yer out.

My 'ineptitude' has nothing to do with it. It is what it is, and the link you provided led me time and again to advertising. How long do you suggest I put up with that?

Technically inept? Because I don't feel like putting up with repeated adverts and no end in sight? 

Ok.
  • #5 by Bentley on 07 Feb 2018
  • No, not spam, a few ads that had to be negotiated...Would have preferred the show be on the 2 smokers, but we seem to be those kind of people. 
  • #6 by dk117 on 07 Feb 2018
  • ok one ad on desktop, no adds on phone.   Skip ad.  You came at me pretty hard there with claims of spam and zero value, I came back at you in kind.   Not cool on either of our parts.

Cool that hickory sawdust has been used on pork for decades.  A worth post.

DK
    • dk117
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 07 Feb 2018
  • In all fairness, we were trying to watch it on Bent's laptop.  I know he tried to skip to the relevant place, but we got 3 ads we had to watch before the segment.  Maybe different delivery systems promoted different ads or something.
  • #8 by dk117 on 07 Feb 2018
  • I didn't receive the same spam ads you all did.  It was effortless for me to avoid, but still my bad.   I saw the Costco gasser thread evolve and saw this Man Fire Food show on TV.  I searched a half dozen sites and came up with the most user friendly and free view of the episode to share.   I thought Chris Becker and others might find this interesting, the history of it.   I sincerely was trying to bridge some camaraderie here.  I don't think I failed. 

DK   
    • dk117
  • #9 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Feb 2018
  • You didn't fail, we got to see it and it was interesting and I am glad you posted.  I just thought I would share that not all experiences with commercials were the same.  But if folks are getting the ads, just wait through them and you will see an interesting smoker.
  • #10 by WayneB on 08 Feb 2018
  • If I click on the link you posted. I get and advert. When it plays through, I get another advert.  Then another. 3 strikes and yer out.

My 'ineptitude' has nothing to do with it. It is what it is, and the link you provided led me time and again to advertising. How long do you suggest I put up with that?

Technically inept? Because I don't feel like putting up with repeated adverts and no end in sight? 

Ok.

Would you rather pay everytime you want to go to a website or watch a video? My guess is NO, so you get ads. I don't work cheap, and without guys like me, there is no Internet :)

Wayne B
    Data Center Tech
    Ashburn, Va. Home of the Internet.
    70% of Worlds internet traffic goes through a building I work in. :cool:
  • #11 by Bentley on 08 Feb 2018
  • Does Al Gore work there?
  • #12 by CaptJerry on 08 Feb 2018
  • Does Al Gore work there?

Thanks......
    Just spewed coffee over my phone  :rotf:
  • #13 by LowSlowJoe on 08 Feb 2018
  • Nice video... didn't mind the 4 or 5 short commercials at all... fewer than I'd had to watch if I had been watching on TV.
  • #14 by LowSlowJoe on 08 Feb 2018
  • He doesn't work here either(Al), never did... and we are the true home of the internet. :)   Well at least we managed the original NSFNet backbone... whopping 56K when it started... later upgraded to T1.
  • #15 by dk117 on 08 Feb 2018
  • I worked on the business case to upgrade Anchorage to a T3 in the late 90's.  over the course of my career, looking back, it's one of my more memorable accomplishments. 

DK

again sorry for the ads. 
    • dk117
Pages:
Actions