Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by chris becker on 25 Feb 2018
  • Hey all,
    First I would like to say thanks to Bentley and Kristen for doing a great job on pelletfan! Second thanks to all that entered!!! I was floored to see how many tried!~
    3rd  :cool: Congrats :cool: Mudflap!!! Stuff heading your way this coming week! Smoked Elk sounds awesome!!! Let us know how you like them!!
    It is great to see new friends and old on this site and I will always help those that are trying to do the same! All of us, collectively, make for a great group of knowledge in a still strong growing and ever expanding industry of fun and BBQ.
    And I'm grateful to be a part of it.... 

Smoke On
    Chris
  • #32 by Bentley on 26 Feb 2018
  • Thank you Chris!
  • #33 by Mudflap on 26 Feb 2018
  • Hey all,
    First I would like to say thanks to Bentley and Kristen for doing a great job on pelletfan! Second thanks to all that entered!!! I was floored to see how many tried!~
    3rd  :cool: Congrats :cool: Mudflap!!! Stuff heading your way this coming week! Smoked Elk sounds awesome!!! Let us know how you like them!!
    It is great to see new friends and old on this site and I will always help those that are trying to do the same! All of us, collectively, make for a great group of knowledge in a still strong growing and ever expanding industry of fun and BBQ.
    And I'm grateful to be a part of it.... 

Smoke On
    Chris

Thanks Chris
    My kid saved some big roasts out of his Elk this year so we can try them on the grill. Hope to fill my tag on last 2 days to hunt (Tue & Wed) this week. Definitely will post when I get chance to use them. I will also give some out to my friends from work to use also to see how they like them. From your Website it looks like there is a dealer just South of Eugene so we can get more if needed.

Thanks Again
    Mudflap
  • #34 by Mudflap on 14 Mar 2018
  •  :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: ;D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: ;D :cool:
    15 boxes showed up today.
    I got home from work and opened the garage door and found 15 boxes of pellets. (wife moved them in for me :cool: :clap:) I wont have time to cook with them for a few weeks. Not sure of the flavors yet but I did see something that said "Apple mash" I think. I have never used anything but a cheap blend flavor pellet so any suggestions on what flavor for what food would be appreciated. More info when I get them open and when I get to use them.

Thanks again to Chris at Cookinpellets and Pellet fan for this opportunity.

Mudflap
  • #35 by Bentley on 14 Mar 2018
  • Hope you will keep us posted!
  • #36 by Mudflap on 17 Mar 2018
  • Got to look at boxes today.

8-Perfect mix
    4-100% Hickory
    3 Apple mash

Mudflap

• #37 by Fire708 on 18 Mar 2018
  • Defiantly report back on the apple mash. Been eyeing it but afraid to buy a bag
  • #38 by sbryant24 on 19 Mar 2018
  • Jealous that I missed this
  • #39 by Mudflap on 23 Apr 2018
  • I got the chance to use some of the Apple Mash pellets Saturday.

Chicken and Ribs

Cooked at 275 for 2-2 1/2 hrs. Nice day outside so had windows open and the smell from the grill smelled very good. Very mild smoke flavor.

Mudflap
  • #40 by Bentley on 23 Apr 2018
  • Thanks for the update!
  • #41 by Mudflap on 12 May 2018
  • Used the Perfect mix for some Elk burgers few nights ago. :clap: :cool: Very good forgot to take photos. :(

Gave a bag of perfect mix to a friend and he has cooked some burgers, steak and ribs and said he loves them. Trying to pass out a few more bags soon for others to try. When all is gone probably have to try one of those group buys....

Went trout fishing yesterday and keep one to try and smoke. Test run for the (100) Kokanee we hope to catch Monday at Odell Lake.

Mudflap
  • #42 by Mudflap on 12 May 2018
Pages:
Actions