Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Mikro on 08 Feb 2018
  • Hi All,

Yes it is burger time on the Q450, recently I spent about 10 days ( 2 times ER) in the hospital. Finally found that I fractured a vertebrae L2-L3. Since then I have been getting ready for surgery. About 4 weeks out if all goes well. I can't do much and no lifting. :) Was ready for a ding dang burger. So, I convinced the wife that I needed to grill some burgers tonight. Well the picture is not great but what a success. Started at 200*, get some smoke flavor then upped it to 480*, Didn't waste my time with opening the sear section just moved them over and History another lowly burger cook done. Dang that was awesome, added some Longhorn cheddar, roma tomatoes (sliced thin), Iceberg lettuce and condiments. I am one happy camper. :)

Mike
  • #2 by TravlinMan on 09 Feb 2018
  • +1
    Sometimes it’s just a carefully prepared simple comfort food is what’s needed to warm the soul...

The best to you, and a speedy recovery.

• #3 by cookingjnj on 09 Feb 2018
  • Burgers look great. Good luck with your surgery and hope for a speedy recovery so we. An all see more great cooks from you and your pit.
  • #4 by riverrat49 on 09 Feb 2018
  • sometimes the simple pleasures are the best...
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Feb 2018
  • Good luck Mikro and a speedy and easy recovery.  I will keep you in my prayers.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Feb 2018
  • Here's to a speedy recovery for you so you can get back to your normal lifestyle.
  • #7 by pmillen on 09 Feb 2018
  • Four weeks with a fractured vertebra!  (Or two vertebrae, L2-L3)  That's a long wait for relief.  Prayers for a complete recovery.
  • #8 by Mikro on 09 Feb 2018
  • Thanks everyone,
    I am not looking forward to this.
    It is nice being able to at least walk again, the past few weeks it was an almost impossible task and very painful. Now to keep my strength up for surgery. I had multiple surgeries in the late 80s due to an auto accident. Now the bones are getting brittle and finally catching up to me. :)

@ pmillen, yes it is a long wait,I  must get clearance from, the Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Hematologist, and other Dr's. I have had problems DVT's and infections as well. So I  must time this within getting in to see them. So I wait and try to stay healthy as I can. LOL!!

Will keep you all posted,
    Mike
  • #9 by Bentley on 09 Feb 2018
  • If they said you could have one thing to eat the rest of your life...I would have to be in that line with Wimpy!
  • #10 by Canadian John on 09 Feb 2018

•  These types of things are never fun..Just think of being back at the pit. That should inspire you.

All the best to you my friend!
  • #11 by Michael_NW on 11 Feb 2018
  • Mikro, I hope the next few weeks fly by for you. Thank you for reminding me of the simple joys in life! Blessings to you!
  • #12 by yorkdude on 11 Feb 2018
  • Mikro, wishing you nothing but the best.
  • #13 by Jon515 on 12 Feb 2018
  • Prayers with you.
Pages:
Actions