Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2016 2 Star For Sale, Maybe  (Read 4131 times)

Goosehunter51

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
2016 2 Star For Sale, Maybe
« on: February 09, 2018, 03:06:57 PM »

Smokin like a two stack MAK come on!

MAK 2 Star General #3053

I am looking at maybe selling my MAK.  Would $2,000 be a fair asking price or too low?  I am a little torn on this, not sure which way to go.
Smokin like a two stack MAK come on!  MAK 2 Star General #3053

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: 2016 2 Star For Sale, Maybe
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 03:20:34 PM »

I would say if it is less than a year old 80% of a new price would be fair.  Anything older would be closer to 50%-60%.  Sorta like buying a used car.  Why would you sell it?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Goosehunter51

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 03:32:55 PM »

So with the WiFi and full upper grate I paid $3200 plus tax.  It is a year and a half old, so say asking price of $1700 seems fair.  Thoughts?

Multiple reasons, home life issues, right now she has the pit and it just sits in the backyard.  Another reason is I am looking at going to a Memphis.  I love my MAK just want a little higher heat searing ability that the Memphis offers.  I don’t want multiple pits, just one to do it all.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »

Start at $2k and take $1.7k.  Where do you live?  Maybe I will come and pick it up ;)
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 03:53:03 PM »

You got about a 2700 mile drive...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:56:12 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 03:58:10 PM »

You got about a 2700 mile drive...

4 day round trip not worth it...some other lucky guy will get a nice pit

Goosehunter51

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 04:04:22 PM »

Now that would have been cool.  You could always pick up some tri-tip and take it home.

Thanks on the pricing, sounds like a plan.

If anyone is around Bakersfield and is interested let me know.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »

If you can drive 5400 miles in 4 days, you are more of a road warrior then me!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Goosehunter51

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »

That would be a trip, did 4200 in 4 days once for a hunting dog, swore that next time will ship by plane.

rwalters

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 04:13:58 PM »

So with the WiFi and full upper grate I paid $3200 plus tax.  It is a year and a half old, so say asking price of $1700 seems fair.  Thoughts?

Multiple reasons, home life issues, right now she has the pit and it just sits in the backyard.  Another reason is I am looking at going to a Memphis.  I love my MAK just want a little higher heat searing ability that the Memphis offers.  I don’t want multiple pits, just one to do it all.
Interesting timing for this thread to appear. I have a 2 Star that will be one year old next month. Absolutely love it...but like you, there are times that I wish I could squeeze another 100-150° out of it. Would love to be able to cook at 600° with ease on the occasions that that high of a temp would be beneficial.   I too am kinda torn.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 04:17:35 PM »

Have you guys ever tried grillgrates on your MAK to see if you can get what you want out of it?

rwalters

2016 2 Star For Sale, Maybe
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »

Have you guys ever tried grillgrates on your MAK to see if you can get what you want out of it?
I played around with them once, but haven’t really tried a high temp cook with them. My issue is the size of my family and that almost every “grilling” session requires almost every square inch of the cooking surface. I have been warned that covering to much of the cooking surface with GG’s will cause airflow issues and/or potential damage. Have you covered your MAK w/ GG’s, and if yes, how much of the cooking surface did you cover?  I have a set of GG’s that’ll cover the entire surface leaving a 1/2” gap on each side. If that wouldn’t interfere w/ airflow or cause damage I’d be very interested in grilling with them.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:39:42 PM by rwalters »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 04:40:03 PM »

I played around with them once, but haven’t really tried a high temp cook with them. My issue is the size of my family and that almost every “grilling” session requires almost every square inch of the cooking surface. I have been warned that covering to much of the cooking surface with GG’s will cause airflow issues and/or potential damage. Have you covered your MAK w/ GG’s, and if yes, how much of the cooking surface did you cover?

I have not.  But, you could try putting finished product in the warming side while finishing the rest.

Look, I have a MAK and a Memphis and have no prejudice to either.  Just hate to see someone take a haircut selling a pit when they have not explored all options.

rwalters

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »

I played around with them once, but haven’t really tried a high temp cook with them. My issue is the size of my family and that almost every “grilling” session requires almost every square inch of the cooking surface. I have been warned that covering to much of the cooking surface with GG’s will cause airflow issues and/or potential damage. Have you covered your MAK w/ GG’s, and if yes, how much of the cooking surface did you cover?

I have not.  But, you could try putting finished product in the warming side while finishing the rest.

Look, I have a MAK and a Memphis and have no prejudice to either.  Just hate to see someone take a haircut selling a pit when they have not explored all options.
I don’t want to hi-jack this thread so I am gonna PM you w/ a few questions.

Goosehunter51

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 07:15:01 PM »

Not hijacking at all, I am just listening and learning
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up