Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Feb 2018
  • welcome back and thanks for helping me set my grill on fire ;)
  • #47 by rwalters on 19 Feb 2018
  • Welcome back! Nothing but respect for the humble tone of your last post :)
  • #48 by Deebo1133 on 19 Feb 2018
  • welcome back and thanks for helping me set my grill on fire ;)

:rotf:
  • #49 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2018
  • Welcome to the Site!  I got to be honest with you, I would like to experience -15 just once to see what it is like...

After I'm able to shovel the snow off the patio, I'll be back at the MAK Grill...
    MTBob
  • #50 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Feb 2018
  • Welcome to the Site!  I got to be honest with you, I would like to experience -15 just once to see what it is like...

After I'm able to shovel the snow off the patio, I'll be back at the MAK Grill...
    MTBob

In my limited Rocky Mountain experience, if it is a dry -15 then it probably feels closer to something like 0 to 10 degrees where there is humidity in air.
  • #51 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Feb 2018
  • Welcome. Our Mom was born and raised in Florida and, at the age of 17 moved to a tiny little town in western Montana called Heron.  It was during WWII and after graduation -- with a 6 week teaching course at the "teacher's college" in Dillon -- she became a teacher.  She taught in one room school houses in Heron and surrounding areas for 3 years before going to the U of Montana.  I know it was cold and have seen pictures of the snow, but all our lives all we heard was how much she loved those years in Montana and wished she could return someday. I don't think I am as tough as she was!
  • #52 by Maineac on 19 Feb 2018
  • Bently: First, my apologies for a snarky reaction to your posting.  What you'all saw was a combination of having the flu, and a long frustrating day and generally a bad attitude about everything.  For sure, this exchange points out the need to not react quickly to what is often an innocent comment. 
    MTBob

Thank you, Bob, for the explanation.  It sure was perplexing.  Welcome back.
  • #53 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Feb 2018
  • Thanks for the insight.  I need to clean up the frozen grease heading to the grease can first so I can minimize having another fire.
Pages:
Actions