Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 30 Aug 2017
  •      Cut tomatoes in half around the equator.  Cut out the center core.

Scoop out the pulp and seeds, rinse to remove the liquids and stuff the segments with spice, herbs and Gruyère.

Top them with shredded Gruyère and roast at almost any temperature.  They don't seem to be temperature sensitive.  I just roast them until they begin to squat.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Aug 2017
  • Where are the pics of the final product? ;D
  • #3 by GREG-B on 30 Aug 2017
  • Ever done this with green tomatoes?   I'm either going to have to fry some or find some other way to use green tomatoes because that appears that all I'm going to have b4 frost hits. :'(
  • #4 by pmillen on 30 Aug 2017
  • Where are the pics of the final product? ;D

I'll look.  My pre-Apple photo storage is a nightmare.
  • #5 by pmillen on 30 Aug 2017
  • Ever done this with green tomatoes?   I'm either going to have to fry some or find some other way to use green tomatoes because that appears that all I'm going to have b4 frost hits. :'(

I've never tried it with green tomatoes.  If you have a lot, you could experiment.  I'd like to know the result.

My Old Country (immigrant) parents used to grind them up into a relish they called "Chow-Chow".  I don't know if they made the name up or whatever but the relish was super.
  • #6 by riverrat49 on 30 Aug 2017
  • Yes Chow-Chow is right my G-Ma used to make it (German Ancestry)

Ever done this with green tomatoes?   I'm either going to have to fry some or find some other way to use green tomatoes because that appears that all I'm going to have b4 frost hits. :'(

I've never tried it with green tomatoes.  If you have a lot, you could experiment.  I'd like to know the result.

My Old Country (immigrant) parents used to grind them up into a relish they called "Chow-Chow".  I don't know if they made the name up or whatever but the relish was super.
  • #7 by Bentley on 30 Aug 2017
  • Over Dunn turned me on to Chow-Chow when I was at his place in Surf Side Beach, just south of Myrtle Beach.  Some good accompaniment!
Pages:
Actions