• One of my most requested dishes is smoked Mac & Cheese:

2 cups dry mac (yes dry / uncooked mac)
    1/2 stick of salted butter (melted)
    3 cups milk (1 or 2%)
    2 cups heavy whipping cream
    12oz colby cheese (cubed or shredded)
    12oz pepper jack (cubed or shredded)
    Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all those together put them into a 9x13 pan and smoke at 250 for approx 2 hours mixing every 30 mins.  Once the consistency is correct I remove it from the smoker and add some shredded cheese (normally mexican mix) then bread crumbs to the top and broil @ 400 for 5-6 mins until brown.

I always add 1/2 a chopped sweet onion and a chopped up red pepper.  6-8 strips of bacon can't hurt either.  I've tried chicken, bacon, pesto mac that was also really good.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Aug 2017
  • I've made that several times and it was a bit greasy.  I have not made it in a while.  I may skip the butter next time.  The cheese seems to have enough grease.
  • #3 by LowSlowFoShow on 30 Aug 2017
  • I've made that several times and it was a bit greasy.  I have not made it in a while.  I may skip the butter next time.  The cheese seems to have enough grease.

Ya, its mac & cheese, not a salad!  :lick:
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Aug 2017
  • Yeah, I get that.  I'm almost 300# so I know how to eat comfort food. ;D  It was just too greasy for me and more so for my wife.  So, I don't need to eat a whole pan by myself so I need to make it less greasy so she will eat it too.
  • #5 by SmokinHandyman on 31 Aug 2017
  • Gonna give that a try
Pages:
Actions