Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cabela's Pellet Grill  (Read 8659 times)

TheStand

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
New Cabela's Pellet Grill
« on: February 10, 2018, 01:13:16 PM »

Wondering who makes the new "Cabela's Pro Series 24" Elliptical Pellet Grill"? Camp Chef has been making the Cabela's brand for a while. I was looking at the Cabela's Magnum and it disappeared, so I wrote and asked. They said they were no longer carrying them.

Then they put out a new pellet grill. The in home flyer I got said they would have a 24" and 36" model.

It no longer looks like a Camp Chef. Except for the rear smoke stack I would swear it's a Pit Boss. It has the wheels and stack cap and a digital version controller of the Austin XL. It also has the Pit Boss flame broil drip shield with an external control to slide it. The grates look very similar to the Austin XL grates. BUT... It says it has a "Vacuum ash cleanout".

mrp116

Re: New Cabela's Pellet Grill
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 01:08:45 PM »

Could be the Camp Chef SmokePro SG.  The SG has the slide open drip plate for direct grilling access.

TravlinMan

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 01:50:20 PM »

Looks like a cross between a Dansons/Louisana grills/pit boss and a camp chef.

The internals, drip pan/heat diffuser/open flame are definitely Dansons pit boss and the pid controller is a Cabelas customized Dansons LG/CS.

Just guessing here, but the arched drip tray and open flame design is a pretty good giveaway it came from Dansons..

Plus the caster wheels and the barrel support are virtually identical to the LG sitting in my garage. 

SWAG.. (scientific wild arse guess) it came from Dansons..

....... :bbq:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:56:29 PM by TravlinMan »
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG

TheStand

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:57:27 PM »

Could be the Camp Chef SmokePro SG.  The SG has the slide open drip plate for direct grilling access.

The new Camp Chef SG has a sliding cover for the fire pot and a slotted drip tray. Different set up.

TheStand

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »

Looks like a cross between a Dansons/Louisana grills/pit boss and a camp chef.

The internals, drip pan/heat diffuser/open flame are definitely Dansons pit boss and the pid controller is a Cabelas customized Dansons LG/CS.

Just guessing here, but the arched drip tray and open flame design is a pretty good giveaway it came from Dansons..

Plus the caster wheels and the barrel support are virtually identical to the LG sitting in my garage. 

SWAG.. (scientific wild arse guess) it came from Dansons..

....... :bbq:

You are 100% correct!
They made a mistake when answering a "who makes it" question. This answer was there for a day and then they changed it to a "private vendor" but I got a snapshot of it.

CoachBHerring

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 10:15:59 PM »

That’s funny I was reading this thread and joined this page because I wanted this answer and then I saw someone had screenshot Cabelas answer. Turns out it was the answer from when I asked them. They must have changed their answer quickly because I never saw the post on Dansons.

Now the dilemma is I had finally decided to go with the Cabelas Camp Chef over Traeger. I’ve got lots of Cabelas gift cards to use so I have to purchase from them, but now I’m back to square 1 because I don’t know anything about Dansons. So can anyone help me out?

TheStand

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »

That’s funny I was reading this thread and joined this page because I wanted this answer and then I saw someone had screenshot Cabelas answer. Turns out it was the answer from when I asked them. They must have changed their answer quickly because I never saw the post on Dansons.

Now the dilemma is I had finally decided to go with the Cabelas Camp Chef over Traeger. I’ve got lots of Cabelas gift cards to use so I have to purchase from them, but now I’m back to square 1 because I don’t know anything about Dansons. So can anyone help me out?

They also have answered about the controller... It is PID!

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:31:35 PM »

I thought it was odd they originally would not say who made it... I always figured if you look in the manual ( I haven't found it online yet ), it would have Dansons phone number for support.

I am curious about this grill... Headroom has always been one of my biggest gripes with most basic pellet grills... the ellipse shape should help with that.

On a side note... wow, Dansons should get an award for the most number of different pellet grills made by one company.  Last year they had that Champion on Costco, and that seems like it was like a one time thing, haven't seen anything more about that since last fall....  Now these, and of course the Pit Boss Vertical smokers..  I bet they may 20 different grills now, if you include all the Pit Boss, Louisiana Grills, and country smokers....
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett
Pages: [1]   Go Up