Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Mudflap on 11 Feb 2018
  • I was asked to post this recipe that I had on PH. Not sure what recipe section this falls under. There is so many variations to this dish. I did make some changes from original post.

As the title said the first time I made it was potato's/mushrooms/onion/sausage with onion soup mix on top. Then I changed it up some by adding chicken breast to the mix.

I added 3 chicken breasts plus the one pack of bratwurst. One pack of onion soup mix over that.

Gallon bag full stuff. Potato's, mushrooms, onions, carrots, ect.. Add anything you want. I have even added beansprouts.

Bag added and one pack of onion soup mix over that.

One pack of bratwurst and some cilantro.

Then I put on GMG at 170 for 1 hr uncovered for some smoke. Then I cover pan with foil and turned grill up to 250 and cooked until potato's are done. About another 2hrs. I did not add any moisture to the pan. Entrapped enough moisture by foiling the pan.

Some photos without chicken.

Mudflap
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Feb 2018
  • How do you think a few pats of butter on top would be?
  • #3 by okie smokie on 11 Feb 2018
    Mmmn -- butter the universal solvent.  I would even eat it on watermellon. Be sure to always use the real thing.   :cool:
  • #4 by Mudflap on 11 Feb 2018

Cant hurt especially if you add the chicken. You do get grease from the bratwurst.

Mudflap
  • #5 by Bentley on 11 Feb 2018
  • I am not following why this was put in bag?  It was sous vide?

Gallon bag full stuff. Potato's, mushrooms, onions, carrots, ect.. Add anything you want. I have even added beansprouts.

• #6 by Mudflap on 11 Feb 2018
  • I am not following why this was put in bag?  It was sous vide?

No that was my way of measuring how much I had.

I think the first time I used it to add olive oil so the soup mix would stick but I stopped using the oil because the Bratwurst gives so much it was oily at the end of the cook.

Mudflap
  • #7 by Michael_NW on 11 Feb 2018
  • I love mixed cooks like that, Mudflap. It's a roasted combination that really works. Potatoes, meat, some veges, that looks very good!
  • #8 by pmillen on 21 Feb 2018
  • I make this somewhat regularly.  My advice—make more than what you think you'll eat.  Leftovers warm in a frying pan nicely.  Pour a few scrambled eggs over it.  It's a great main dish for any meal.
  • #9 by Bentley on 21 Feb 2018
  • I should get this to the recipe section...Tell me, do you eat this as a main dish or a side?

I was asked to post this recipe that I had on PH. Not sure what recipe section this falls under.
  • #10 by pmillen on 21 Feb 2018
  • I recall that Mudflap originally posted it as a side dish to chicken.  That's how I serve it on the original cook.  After that, for lighter meals, it's the main course, especially with eggs over leftovers.
  • #11 by Mudflap on 24 Feb 2018
  • Sorry I was out of town.

Yes I used it as a side but when my wife saw it she laughed and said why did I cook two main dishes..
    I recall that Mudflap originally posted it as a side dish to chicken.  That's how I serve it on the original cook.  After that, for lighter meals, it's the main course, especially with eggs over leftovers.

I need to try the leftovers with eggs. I bet that is good fried in cast iron skillet.

Mudflap
  • #12 by yorkdude on 24 Feb 2018
  • Okay that is going to be breakfast tomorrow but may have to modify a bit, my son in law is , shall we say, veggie goofy. Especially if they are cooked??
Pages:
Actions