Basic recipe:
    2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
    1 stick butter
    12 ounces yellow cheddar cheese
    4 Ozs. mozzarella cheese
    5 cups milk
     salt and pepper to taste

Pre heat oven 350,
    Layer macaroni, butter, and cheese in the order given in a 9-by-13 dish.  Pour milk over the top layer. Bake 1 hr. do not cover.
    To prevent this dish from becoming too brown and crusty, cover with foil for the last 15 min. of baking.
  • #2 by LowSlowFoShow on 30 Aug 2017
  • Your instructions say oven but I am sure you meant SMOKER!  :bbq:
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 30 Aug 2017
  • If you have more than one, usually the smoker has some sort of meat that is a lower temp, I never tried doing it for longer and lower temp.
  • #4 by MP09 on 31 Aug 2017
  • I think the message is to try it in your smoker and see if it works at a lower temperature...
  • #5 by ShannyBananny on 16 Mar 2018
  • Great recipe!  I make my mac and cheese very similar but use a little Velveeta :o for creaminess.  After it has cooked, I add a couple sleeves of crushed Ritz crackers to the top and cook for 10 more minutes. 
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Mar 2018
  • I do something similar too from time to time.

Box of macaroni uncooked
    2 bags shredded cheese of your choice
    pint of heavy whipping cream
    milk to cover cheese and macaroni
    any spices you see fit to add
    stir
    bake on smoker uncovered at 250° until top is browned (I think about 90-120 minutes if I recall correctly)
  • #7 by GREG-B on 17 Mar 2018
  • Have never been a big fan of Mac n Cheese, until SWMBO was up in Seattle at Pikes Place Market and ventured into a cheese shop and discovered they made some.   She raved about it and someone told her that they sell their product at Costco.   It's called Beechers Worlds best Mac n cheese. Can't match the taste with homemade and as frequently as we eat it, not even worth attempting.  It comes frozen enough to feed 6 people as a side dish, so I go at it with a cleaver and chop it into 1/3 portions and vac seal the rest.  It's really good. 
Pages:
Actions