Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by SmokinGood on 27 Jun 2018
  • I got my vents on Friday, I think they look pretty nice, although they do not fit flush on the bottom. I was going to use some sealant but figured that they really dont need to be sealed off. Has everyone else got theres? If so, how do yours fit?

Now I am waiting for a folding front shelf.

I sure like my Stampede, for tastes so much different!
  • #2 by ncsmokeandgrill on 03 Jul 2018
  • I got my vents on Friday, I think they look pretty nice, although they do not fit flush on the bottom. I was going to use some sealant but figured that they really dont need to be sealed off. Has everyone else got theres? If so, how do yours fit?

Now I am waiting for a folding front shelf.

I sure like my Stampede, for tastes so much different!

What is this folding front shelf you are speaking about? I thought that was only available for the Bull RT-700. I am close to pulling the trigger on a Stampede and the shelf is something I’d love to have too.  Thanks

Mike
  • #3 by Ralphie on 03 Jul 2018
  • I put the vents on my Stampede last week.  They don't fit as snug as I would like.  They wiggle a little bit.  I accidentally had my first lid drop when the handle slipped from my hand.  When the lid banged shut, all 3 vents went flying off.
    I'm not really worried though.  When I saw how well the Stampede performed without them, I considered canceling the vent purchase when they were on back order.  I could take em or leave em. 
  • #4 by Craig in Indy on 04 Jul 2018
  • How can they fly off if you bent the tabs inside the pit like you're supposed to?
  • #5 by Ross77 on 04 Jul 2018
  • Using a high temp gasket maker will help.

Permatex 27036 Optimum Grey Gasket Maker
  • #6 by Ralphie on 04 Jul 2018
  • How can they fly off if you bent the tabs inside the pit like you're supposed to?

I honestly had no idea that’s what you are supposed to do. I thought you just stick them in. There were no instructions included. Just 3 vents floating around a box wrapped in bubble wrap.
    Makes perfect sense though.
  • #7 by Craig in Indy on 10 Jul 2018

I honestly had no idea that’s what you are supposed to do. I thought you just stick them in. There were no instructions included. Just 3 vents floating around a box wrapped in bubble wrap.
    Makes perfect sense though.

Ha! You did better than I did when I got mine and found the same lack of instructions. For some reason I'll never understand, my mind defaulted to the idea that they were supposed to be installed from the inside. I actually scarred one of them up a little with some vice-grips trying (unsuccessfully) to make it small enough to go through the holes in the pit. After a lot of cursing at RT, a light bulb went off and I understood what I was doing wrong.  :-[

Once I realized they're inserted from the outside, the purpose of the tabs was immediately clear to me. But I'll say any day in front of anyone that my mistake was more embarrassing than yours.  ;)
  • #8 by Rider14 on 10 Jul 2018
  • Mine are also not perfect but they installed solidly. May add some high temp gasket sealant. Will have to see how it handles the rain.

My first brisket smoke required a big lawn umbrella to protect it from the rain...

So far, loving this thing.

-Dan
Pages:
Actions