Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Th3Batman86 on 02 Jun 2018
  • The website has been redone and the RT-680 is gone. I guess the flagship model is no longer and they are betting the house on the new models.
  • #2 by Ross77 on 02 Jun 2018
  • Correct.  The Bull is the replacement.  It's actually the same price as what I paid for my 680 almost 2 years ago.  Not bad considering the upgrades.
  • #3 by grilltreats on 02 Jun 2018
  • The end of an era I guess.  Those 680s will probably still be running though many years from now.  I am sure RT will do some fast talking though in trying to convince 680 users to upgrade in one form or another.
  • #4 by Ross77 on 02 Jun 2018
  • I check in on the RecTec Owners FB page occasionally and it’s amazing how many do just that. Sell their perfectly fine 680 and replace it with a Bull.  I also see many who own multiple RecTec models. Small, medium and large.
  • #5 by cookingjnj on 02 Jun 2018
  • I wish I had the need for small, medium and large.  Love my 680, only possible upgrade will be the new controller when the kinks get worked out.
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 02 Jun 2018
  • I like how they inflate the price and try to make it look like you are getting a deal. I bought my 680 almost 5 years ago for 1000 bucks plus freight. that is what the last ones sold for except they covered the freight.
  • #7 by Ross77 on 02 Jun 2018
  • Yes they need to stop with the crossed out price BS.

The Bull is the same price as the 680 was with shipping but now frieight is included in the price.

• #8 by kruz805 on 12 Jul 2018
  • The end of an era I guess.  Those 680s will probably still be running though many years from now.  I am sure RT will do some fast talking though in trying to convince 680 users to upgrade in one form or another.

Except for the SS barrel, all other parts can be bought for the 680.  I did ask about the barrel and they will not have those available.  I already have the new lid and SS smoke cap as they sent it to me as my original lid was peeling. 
  • #9 by Ross77 on 12 Jul 2018
  • I just received the new controller. I hope they will sell the SS side shelf w/o a controller at some point.
Pages:
Actions