Pages:
Actions
  • #91 by grilltreats on 25 May 2018
  • I’ve never had an issue with humid pellets in my 680. I leave it filled 24/7.

That's good news and wouldn't think with the overlapping hopper lid and cover that it would be a big issue here in TN.  The manual is recommending removal of the pellets if not cooking for 6 weeks or more.  I can never think of a time I went that long without grilling as I grill year-round so will be adding fresh pellets as I go.
  • #92 by grilltreats on 25 May 2018
  • I have a plan to cover the light lens with thin aluminum foil if I can (I'm thinking I can) to prevent the lens from getting all smoky during daylight cooks.  If I know that my cook will extend into darkness then I will remove the foil before the cook or maybe even during the cook carefully.  This just sounds like a good way to extend the life of the lens and have a nice clear lens for nighttime cooks.  I have a very nice light on the deck anyways so it's not a big deal for me anyways, but the interior light will still be beneficial.
  • #93 by Ross77 on 26 May 2018
  • This is the cover I use for my 680.  You'd probably want a smaller size for the Stampede.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D2VUN7E/?coliid=I3B6Y7BJPIGQCB&colid=1YDPF5KKCIYPV&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• #94 by pmillen on 26 May 2018
  • I've had an aversion to covers that go all the way to the ground since mice used a cover to climb into my grill and raise a family.  The cover doesn't have to be much longer than the parts I want to protect so I trim those that are.
  • #95 by grilltreats on 26 May 2018
  • I have the RT custom cover that is coming with my RT-700.  It has a cinch cord at the bottom or some Velcro straps as I understand it to keep it from flying off in strong winds.
  • #96 by Ross77 on 26 May 2018
  • The only issue with the custom cover is that it fits really tight and can be hard to remove and install.
  • #97 by grilltreats on 26 May 2018
  • The only issue with the custom cover is that it fits really tight and can be hard to remove and install.

I forgot to say thanks for the link.  I have watched the RT cover video install/removal and have it down pat in my head at least.  I read where it had a vinyl outer which I have had them crack up with sun exposure.  I am not saying the RT cover will but will be watching for it.

Ross, what do you do about the smoke stack part.  The link is not showing that part of the grill.  I think you assumed I had a RT-590 coming and that's fair being I am on the wrong thread here.
  • #98 by Ross77 on 26 May 2018
  • The Amazon cover is big enough to cover everything. Smoke stack isn’t an issue.
  • #99 by grilltreats on 28 May 2018
  • Those do look like really nice covers.  I read the detailed description and was impressed with the features.  I will obviously go with the Rec Tec cover I ordered for now, but will save the link for future reference.
  • #100 by Rider14 on 29 May 2018
  • This is the cover I use for my 680.  You'd probably want a smaller size for the Stampede.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D2VUN7E/?coliid=I3B6Y7BJPIGQCB&colid=1YDPF5KKCIYPV&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thanks for the link. I’ll see what I can find.
  • #101 by Ross77 on 30 May 2018
  • Is RecTec still providing a free bag of pellets with the smoker?  I got one with mine when I ordered it almost 2 years ago.  Curious if they are still doing it.
  • #102 by Ralphie on 31 May 2018
  • Is RecTec still providing a free bag of pellets with the smoker?  I got one with mine when I ordered it almost 2 years ago.  Curious if they are still doing it.

Not with mine.  My Stampede only came with the frog mat I ordered and two notes saying my vent covers and t-shirt were on back order.
  • #103 by ehubbard on 31 May 2018
  • woo woo woo... hold the horses....  the t-shirt was on backorder???!??!?   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :( :(
  • #104 by Ralphie on 31 May 2018
  • ^^^  Haha, I know.  It's the "free" t-shirt that comes with the grill.  It just made me chuckle to see that note in there. 
  • #105 by JV on 01 Jun 2018
  • Was just about to pull the trigger on a Stampede, but saw another post comparing the Rec Tec models and noticed that the RT700 has a 6 year warranty and RT 590 only has 2 years.  Also, the RT700 is made of heavier gauge stainless.  Think I'm going to change my mind to the RT700 for those reasons.  Too bad because the RT590 is exactly the size I wanted.   :(
Pages:
Actions