Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by snj1013 on 27 Apr 2018
  • They definitely over promised and under delivered in this case.

Although it sounds like the the probe temps are not accurate so they still have some bugs to work out.

I've seen the same problem with the probe temps. I'll likely still get one, but I hope they work that out. My Thermoworks Smoke is so dependable. I want the Rec Tec Wi-Fi controller and probes to be just a reliable and accurate.
  • #17 by Spartan Smoker on 28 Apr 2018
  • I have the 700 and have used the probes twice now.  THey don't seem to work very well.  I get readings that are all over the place.  not dependable at all.  I emailed after the first cook.  they were great and offered to send another piece my way.  I told him i needed to play with it a bit before i am sure they don't work well.  Still in the R&D phase.  will use again tomorrow.  Ribs.

• #18 by Ross77 on 29 Apr 2018
  • On FB they said a firmware update was in the works. 
  • #19 by Ralphie on 30 Apr 2018
  • Is the problem with the probe in the meat or the probe that is monitoring the cooking temp of the grill?  Or both?
  • #20 by Ross77 on 30 Apr 2018
  • Is the problem with the probe in the meat or the probe that is monitoring the cooking temp of the grill?  Or both?

Meat probes are not accurate.
  • #21 by Spartan Smoker on 01 May 2018
  • Kind of 0-3.  I used one of the meat probes in the smoker right next to the smoker probe.  Temps did not align (off by 10 degrees).  I wouldn't bother me a whole lot if consistently off.  I know you can reset or adjust them.  My problem is the temp swung rapidly.  Set it at 225 for my 3-2-1 smoke on ribs and it was 190 to 250 without opening the lid.  I am also not loving the app. 

But - still very early.  I am NOT yet concerned.  Still experimenting. 
  • #22 by DialTone301 on 07 Jun 2018
  • New controller did not fix mine.  They are sending me some new probes. 

• #23 by Ross77 on 07 Jun 2018
  • I guess troubleshooting and working out the bugs is taking a lot longer than they estimated.
  • #24 by melaleuca727 on 23 Jun 2018
  • I guess troubleshooting and working out the bugs is taking a lot longer than they estimated.

Darn!
  • #25 by leppolite on 23 Jun 2018
  • From their facebook feed yesterday...

• #26 by Ross77 on 23 Jun 2018
  • I'll believe it when I see it.  They told me 2 months a week ago.
  • #27 by Craig in Indy on 28 Jun 2018
  • Apparently they became available for purchase and shipment earlier this week, and their initial stock sold out immediately. Rather than allow you to go ahead and buy it on back order, they're saying that new batches will be made available for web orders each Wednesday starting at noon Eastern time. So if you're lucky, and you have a fast, reliable ISP (which I don't), you can possibly score one.
  • #28 by Ross77 on 28 Jun 2018
  • They were released yesterday. They are concerned with being flooded with tech support calls if they released them all at once.

They could just ship in waves but this is what they decided to do.

First world problems....
  • #29 by grilltreats on 28 Jun 2018

• Smart idea to avoid a flood of customer service complaints.  I can see 300 sold on Wednesday and 100 tech support calls on Thursday trying to figure out the Wi-Fi part.

They really should put together a basic/general Wi-Fi troubleshooting or how to guide.  All they say is follow the app which is not good enough for the less tech savvy of us.  I was able to figure it all out, but I knew my way around my router.
  • #30 by rfdong on 02 Jul 2018
  • So have they gotten the bugs worked out seemingly?
Pages:
Actions