Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by wilpark on 11 Jul 2018
  • I received an email about 10 minutes ago saying that it has shipped already. Very excited. I've been using my Green Mountain Grill with Wi-Fi over the Rec Tec because of the Wi-Fi feature. I love the Wi-Fi

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm with you on the Wi-Fi.  I have a chuck roast going on the RT for dinner while I'm  playing on the PC and monitoring the cook on my phone.  I haven't even gone outside in the past two hours to even look at it.  No need, alarms are set and all is well.  I even have Wi-Fi on my KJ.  I love it.
    It's one of those things that you never thought you needed but now that you have it you can't live without

• #47 by cookingjnj on 11 Jul 2018
  • Darn, I keep forgetting the Weds at noon ordering program.  Now going on vacation so it will be a few more weeks until I can try to get one ordered.
  • #48 by leppolite on 11 Jul 2018
  • GAH....I keep forgetting to log in an try for it. Work keeps getting in my way...
  • #49 by cookingjnj on 11 Jul 2018
  • Hate that four letter "W" word.
  • #50 by Ross77 on 11 Jul 2018
  • Got mine but the probes are missing. I assume they are supposed to be included.
  • #51 by leppolite on 11 Jul 2018
  • Ouch! Sorry to hear that, man.
  • #52 by leppolite on 12 Jul 2018
  • I plan to do that each Wednesday...as soon as I realize I forgot to go try, then I get busy and forget to set the alarm. You motivated me though, I just set the alarm on my phone. Hoping to at least be online and trying next week!
  • #53 by wilpark on 12 Jul 2018
  • I sat at my computer with the windows clock on the desktop.  At 11:59:58 I hit ctrl+r to refesh my webpage.  It takes about 3 secs for my webpage to refresh and clicked add to cart.

Id like to thank Verizon Fios giga speed internet service for the win. 

• #54 by Ross77 on 12 Jul 2018
  • They are shipping the probes out tomorrow.
  • #55 by wilpark on 03 Aug 2018
  • Just checked to see how the manufacturer is progressing on these.  pre orders to be filled by October

• #56 by cookingjnj on 03 Aug 2018
  • Yes, I ordered mine the other day for an October shipping date.
  • #57 by wilpark on 03 Aug 2018
  • Yes, I ordered mine the other day for an October shipping date.
    wow.  maybe they didnt realize how many wanted this upgrade.  for $99.99 is a worthy one at that.

• #58 by pberry3452 on 05 Aug 2018

• I purchased one of these last month but I used it to upgrade my Traeger.

You can read about it in the Traeger topic under Pit Talk or just click on the link: https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=2957.0
  • #59 by bucky919 on 06 Aug 2018

• I purchased one of these last month but I used it to upgrade my Traeger.

You can read about it in the Traeger topic under Pit Talk or just click on the link: https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=2957.0

I ordered one to upgrade my firecraft also, but sadly my ship date is September.
  • #60 by okie smokie on 17 Sep 2018
  • In case anyone is wondering... the question came up about if you can use the new Rec Tec controller  via local WiFi only ( no internet ), so I asked Rec Tec and was told , that you need to have internet connection to remotely use the new controllers.
    But still have to have wifi in the home and good signal to the smoker area. Poor signal and your out of business. Can get a signal booster to solve that!
Pages:
Actions