Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by wilpark on 12 Feb 2018
  • Was fortunate enough to buy the SRF franks and cook them like I always cook other franks.  I roast them in my toaster oven at 425 degrees.

I notice they plump quite a bit as they cook and was concerned. They taste decent but their texture was quite spongy.  Overall I give these dogs a C+.  Glad I didnt pay full price for them.

Anyone else have a different experience with these Wagyu Doggies?
  • #2 by Free Mr. Tony on 12 Feb 2018
  • They're all beef correct? I don't have any srf experience, but have come to the conclusion over the years that I prefer a pork based dog. Everyone always said beef was superior so I figured I was missing something. Tried most of the "better" brands, and think I just prefer pork.
  • #3 by SmokinHandyman on 12 Feb 2018
  • What does a wagyu hot dog cost per pound?
  • #4 by Free Mr. Tony on 12 Feb 2018
  • What does a wagyu hot dog cost per pound?

12 dollars is regular price from snake river farms. They recently had them 50 percent off.
  • #5 by jstrand on 13 Feb 2018
  • Made one into a chili cheese dog last night. I like them, I wouldn't ever pay full price, but 6 bucks a pack is acceptable to me.
    I like that they're almost 1/4 pound dogs. I don't like that they are over 1100 grams of sodium per dog.
  • #6 by wilpark on 13 Feb 2018
  • Made one into a chili cheese dog last night. I like them, I wouldn't ever pay full price, but 6 bucks a pack is acceptable to me.
    I like that they're almost 1/4 pound dogs. I don't like that they are over 1100 grams of sodium per dog.
    For 6 bucks I'm not mad but at 12 I wouldn't be happy.   I can get grass fed beef Frank's at Stew Leonard's (East coast market) for about $4.99 on sale.

I even prefer the Costco dinner Frank's to these Wagyu ones.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #7 by Bentley on 13 Feb 2018
  • Pretty sure it is a West Coast Thing...And even then hit and miss!  I have gone to their website and it shows lost of stores...I can't find them.

If you can ever get your hands on a Miller 1/4 pound All beef, it is the best Hot Dog I have ever grilled!
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Feb 2018
  • I've been buying the 5# package of Nathan's 1/4# hot dogs at Restaurant Depot.
  • #9 by Bentley on 13 Feb 2018
  • Whatever Costco sells in their concession is a good, big dog!
  • #10 by Goosehunter51 on 13 Feb 2018
  • I love Costco, have I mentioned that?
  • #11 by ScottWood on 13 Feb 2018
  • Was fortunate enough to buy the SRF franks and cook them like I always cook other franks.  I roast them in my toaster oven at 425 degrees.

I notice they plump quite a bit as they cook and was concerned. They taste decent but their texture was quite spongy.  Overall I give these dogs a C+.  Glad I didnt pay full price for them.

Anyone else have a different experience with these Wagyu Doggies?

Yes, I have had them, and like you I thought that they were average at best.  I also bought them on a really good sale and won't buy again.

Truth be told, I think that the all beef dogs from Costco are better than most.
  • #12 by Timbo1010 on 13 Feb 2018
  • I agree with Wilpark I also purchased at half off and I thought they were good but not 12$ good and I  probably won't buy again even at 6$
  • #13 by wilpark on 13 Feb 2018
  • I was so looking forward to these puppies.   Oh well.  They won't go to waste. The kids will eat them.

• #14 by GREG-B on 14 Feb 2018
  • Wasn't it Ballpark that boasted how theirs plumped up when cooking and wasn't it determined that the bread mixture in the dog was what made them plump up?   I'm probably wrong....that happens a lot.
  • #15 by wilpark on 14 Feb 2018
  • Wasn't it Ballpark that boasted how theirs plumped up when cooking and wasn't it determined that the bread mixture in the dog was what made them plump up?   I'm probably wrong....that happens a lot.
    This did remind me of Ballpark.  Better but very spongy.

Pages:
Actions