Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2018
  • Into the pan at 6 hour mark.

• #17 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2018
  • Ended up being a 9 1/3 hour cook at 300° the entire time.  The drippings are in the freezer right now, I am gonna pull in about an hour and will try and show some final pics when that is finished.  As most of you know, I am pretty full of myself, but I think this will be some of the best pulled pork these folks have ever had...If I can keep them from smothering it in sauce and putting that silly cole slaw all over it!

• #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Feb 2018
  • Great job!  I know I would dive right into that without sauce and slaw.
  • #19 by rwalters on 14 Feb 2018
  • Mighty fine job!! But, no slaw?!?! What’s wrong with slaw?!?! The “crunch” is a must!!!!
  • #20 by ZCZ on 14 Feb 2018
  • Might fine job!! But, no slaw?!?! What’s wrong with slaw?!?! The “crunch” is a must!!!! :)

AMEN To that!
  • #21 by cookingjnj on 14 Feb 2018
  • Slaw or no slaw, that pork is going to be the star of the show.  Great cook Bent.  Looks way too yummy.
  • #22 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2018
  • 31.67 and end up with 14lbs of clean, A-1, no fat or grisle pork.  My ciphering says that is a loss of 55%, most I have ever seen...Need a Bufflalo chopper!  Kristin is not comfortable with fifty, 4.46oz servings, so she will be cooking 1 additional butt tomorrow.

• #23 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Feb 2018
  • and who said you cant get smoke on a pellet grill when cooking at 300 degrees :clap:
  • #24 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2018
  • I have tried to get that across over the years, but it seems if folks cant see it, it is not there...
  • #25 by Bentley on 14 Feb 2018
  • About 3 cups of butt Jell-o and 1 cup of orange fat.
  • #26 by Michael_NW on 15 Feb 2018
  • I have tried to get that across over the years, but it seems if folks cant see it, it is not there...

All you have to do is throw a pan of mac n cheese on the smoker at 350 for an hour . . . that should convince anyone that smoke doesn't just live at 170 degrees. My goodness, you're burning wood, of course there will be smoke!
  • #27 by yorkdude on 15 Feb 2018
  • That really does look amazing and the photos are superb as well, I can almost smell the richness of the meat. With thousands of pounds behind you, what pushed them to the top of the list? Semi-frozen?
  • #28 by BigDave83 on 15 Feb 2018
  • I little salt and pepper, pickle and a touch of yellow mustard and I am all over it.
  • #29 by ZCZ on 15 Feb 2018
  • Thanks for posting this cook Bentley!  I enjoyed following it.
    Z
  • #30 by Bentley on 15 Feb 2018
  • Nothing special, just a super inflated ego that says mine is the best...I am beginning to believe the folks that say if you want more and longer smoke penetration start with a super cold piece of meat!

That really does look amazing and the photos are superb as well, I can almost smell the richness of the meat. With thousands of pounds behind you, what pushed them to the top of the list? Semi-frozen?
Pages:
Actions