Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And now...We Wait  (Read 781 times)

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
And now...We Wait
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:45:44 AM »

I just bought a new Rec Tec Stampede with the vent attachment accessories and a nonstick cooking mat.  I'm pumped up about this one!  On the surface, it appears to check nearly all of my boxes.  Can't wait to see how it performs!.......oh...but I will wait.  It likely ships in May. 
I now know it's possible to be excited and happy beyond belief while simultaneously dying inside.

I currently only have my Weber Genesis gasser.  My plan is to get a Blazn Grillworks Smoker Pro to use with my gasser.  Mostly because I want to impart smoke and use wood pellets while I wait for the Stampede delivery.  But also because I want to play with the blow torch that lights the Smoker Pro fire. 
My mom told me a long time ago that she didn't believe I ever intended on growing up.  That wise woman was right.
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

cookingjnj

• Branchburg, New Jersey
Re: And now...We Wait
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 02:29:29 PM »

Congrats on your new Pit Ralphie.  The waiting is now the hardest part.  I have a 680 and love everything about it, except I can't use it as much as I would like.....like daily.  Not the pit's fault.  Hahaha.  Looking forward to seeing what great food you create from your Stampede.

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 09:10:37 AM »

Gonna be a long wait...  But by the time they arrive, it should be full spring time, no matter what part of North America you might be in... 
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:23:11 AM »

+1.

Ralphie

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 10:07:26 AM »

I'm in North Carolina so May/June will be perfect.  Then July/August is usually a humid scorcher...but that's why we pay for the wifi feature and cold beer.  I'm trying to focus on the pros of this long wait, like avoiding pollen season.  In the meantime, the Blazn Grillworks Smoker Pro box should arrive this week so I'll still be able to play with meat and fire while I pass the time.
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13
Pages: [1]   Go Up