Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Andygev35 on 23 Feb 2018
  • Just wanted to share a quick photo of my first long cook on my Grilla Silverbac.  It was two relatively small (5lbs ea.) pork butts.  Only seasoned them with coarse sea salt and smoked at 225 for about 9hrs and rested for an hour in a cooler wrapped in foil and towels.  Easily the moistest, and most flavorful pork we'd ever had.

• #2 by rwalters on 23 Feb 2018
  • Pellet smoked pork... YUM! Nicely done :)
  • #3 by Andygev35 on 23 Feb 2018
  • Pellet smoked pork... YUM! Nicely done :)
    I used to love slow cooking pork in my oven at home...  Boy was I missing out...  :pig: :rotf:
  • #4 by pmillen on 23 Feb 2018
  • Nice cook.  Friends will soon be hinting for more.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Feb 2018
  • Congratulations on your new method.  I am confident you will experience that with other items you will cook on your pellet grill.  Continue to share photos with us.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 23 Feb 2018

•  Nice to see photos and off to a good start. Your cooking method is a good one!
  • #7 by silverbullet on 24 Feb 2018
  • Looks very tasty!
  • #8 by Michael_NW on 24 Feb 2018
  • Congrats on a successful cook! The meat looks wonderful. You're miles ahead of where I was at the same point in smoking experience. How much smoke flavor did you taste in your pork?
  • #9 by Andygev35 on 24 Feb 2018
  • Congrats on a successful cook! The meat looks wonderful. You're miles ahead of where I was at the same point in smoking experience. How much smoke flavor did you taste in your pork?
    I was using Grilla's Competition Blend (OHC) and was pleasantly surprised at the smoky flavor without an ounce of bitterness.  It was wonderful.
  • #10 by cookingjnj on 24 Feb 2018
  • Great looking butts Andy.  Thanks for sharing.
  • #11 by Andygev35 on 24 Feb 2018
  • Great looking butts Andy.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks lol.
Pages:
Actions