Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAK Griddle  (Read 3864 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
MAK Griddle
« on: February 17, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »

Outside of the new flame zone, this looks like about the only accessory I don't have for my 2 star.  Does anyone have one?  What are your thoughts regarding its use?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: MAK Griddle
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:49:27 AM »

Sounds like a purchase and member review may be in your future ;D

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
MAK Griddle
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »

Bob Tucker, owner of MAK Grills, says he rarely if ever uses his. He does however use the sear grates all the time. I have been thinking about buying 2 sear grates and using them as replacement grates for all of my higher temp grilling. Do you have the sear grate(s), and if yes, what do you think?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:56:26 AM by rwalters »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »

Bob Tucker, owner of MAK says he rarely if ever uses his. He does however use the sear grates all the time. I have been thinking about buying 2 sear grates and using them as replacement grates for all of my higher temps grilling. Do you have the sear grate(s), and if yes, what do you think?

I have the sear grate, but it has been a long time since I used it.  I rarely cooking anything at a high temp - I do burgers, sausage, steaks, chicken breasts all at the 250°-275° range.  Maybe, i will give it another try this year too.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »

Bob Tucker, owner of MAK says he rarely if ever uses his. He does however use the sear grates all the time. I have been thinking about buying 2 sear grates and using them as replacement grates for all of my higher temps grilling. Do you have the sear grate(s), and if yes, what do you think?

I have the sear grate, but it has been a long time since I used it.  I rarely cooking anything at a high temp - I do burgers, sausage, steaks, chicken breasts all at the 250°-275° range.  Maybe, i will give it another try this year too.
Another member review topic just waiting to happen!

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 11:55:42 AM »

Another member review topic just waiting to happen!
YES!!!!

zephyr

• Using less gas.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 12:38:59 PM »

Made my own.    ..............................................  ZEP

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
><> Titus 3:2-7 <><           [M2SG]  [UDS] [36X19 Phantom Downdraft]   [Karubecue C-60 Downdraft]

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 12:33:44 PM »

Always love seeing your latest creation Zep.
Good job as always.

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7
Pages: [1]   Go Up