Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 17 Feb 2018
  • I can see why folks like to order this cut...

• #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Feb 2018
  • That is why I like to buy that cut of steak.  My wife prefers the tenderloin and I prefer the NY strip.  You really have to dig through what the store has to get one you like.  I like the tenderloin side to be about 2x the size of the one in the pic and I like the NY strip to be about 33% more.  That being said, when this stuff goes on sale locally and I can get it for about $6 /#, I buy what they have because it is about half price.  But, yes, this is definitely my favorite cut of steak.
  • #18 by Deebo1133 on 17 Feb 2018
  • Looks like I am late to the party but I would love to see a sear comparison between the Mak and Memphis. I would also love to hear your opinion on how strong of a smoke profile each cooker can impart on meat. I am trying to buy a grill that does both very well.....would love to hear your thoughts.
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Feb 2018
  • Looks like I am late to the party but I would love to see a sear comparison between the Mak and Memphis. I would also love to hear your opinion on how strong of a smoke profile each cooker can impart on meat. I am trying to buy a grill that does both very well.....would love to hear your thoughts.

I won't answer that here as it is unfair to both manufacturers because this thread is in a section related to only one of them.  Send me a PM and LMK some things about how you plan to use the grill - temperatures of cooks, # people to cook for, type of food you plan to cook, etc., and I will give you my thoughts.
  • #20 by Deebo1133 on 17 Feb 2018
  • Thank you sir.
  • #21 by GlassHalfFUll on 26 Mar 2018
  • I have ordered a MAK 2 sear grate, before I found this thread.  Do I need to season it, or clean it, or is it ready to use? 
    • GlassHalfFUll
  • #22 by Goosehunter51 on 26 Mar 2018
  • I can see why folks like to order this cut...

My Dads favorite steak.  I stopped by Harris Ranch a month back and picked him up a couple.  I ended up cooking them and we both were in beef heaven.
  • #23 by Goosehunter51 on 26 Mar 2018
  • Sure looks like some good grill marks were in the making.
Pages:
Actions