Jcorwin818:
3# of Wings marinate overnight and cook @ 270 *
Marinade:
1 large bottle of Franks Hot Sauce
1 bottle of Zesty Italian
1 6oz bottle Soy Sauce
1 6oz bottle Worcestershire
Mix all in a large zip lock add Wings and marinate over night
Remove and season on both sides with your favorite rub and put on your smoker @270 for 1 hour, flip and reseason and cook for 30' more.  Remove and serve with your favorite dip.

pmillen:
How hot is this?

It's difficult to gauge that for someone else...maybe there should be a PF standard scale posted somewhere for reference.  I ask because I am not experienced enough to gauge "Hotness" (is that a word?) from reading the recipe.

Here's starter scale—1 to 10.  One is no heat (soda crackers).  Six is nose running.  Ten is red face, sweat and eyes watering. 

Maybe a group-think can fine-tune the scale.

Anyway, how hot is it?

Bentley:
If I were to weigh in...Franks to me is not as hot as Tabasco, but if I remember right is a vinegar based sauce?  On your scale for me, Franks would be a 4...

Jcorwin818:

--- Quote from: pmillen on August 24, 2017, 02:10:03 PM ---How hot is this?

It's difficult to gauge that for someone else...maybe there should be a PF standard scale posted somewhere for reference.  I ask because I am not experienced enough to gauge "Hotness" (is that a word?) from reading the recipe.

Here's starter scale—1 to 10.  One is no heat (soda crackers).  Six is nose running.  Ten is red face, sweat and eyes watering. 

Maybe a group-think can fine-tune the scale.

Anyway, how hot is it?

--- End quote ---

I agree with Bentley and I would give it a 5.

pmillen:
I can eat a six.  Marcia (Norwegian) stops at four.  We'll try it and cut back the Franks 25%.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View