Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: We Hit 50 Members Today  (Read 4525 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: We Hit 50 Members Today
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2017, 01:09:39 PM »

Just got on board yesterday.  I started getting the "Service Unavailable" a few weeks back and thought you guys were gone for good.  It took me a while to find this site but there was a link on another forum in response to another guy trying to find out what happened.

I am new to pellet cooking and really enjoyed the content on the old site.  My Traeger was purchased just last May and it is a hit with my family and friends.  Most of what I have cooked came from ideas found on the forum.

Thanks guys for bringing us up a new home.   

I am sure Bentley will clear it up, but this is not a new Pelletheads site.  I am not sure anyone knows what has happened there.  Most speculate they are doing some significant maintenance on the site.  Bentley put this together with help from a few others before the PH site went down.  Welcome aboard.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »

Bytor: Where's the Snow Dog? :-)

All I know, is if By-Tor is here, then we must be... well in a place where eternal flames are present.     Perhaps Snow Dog didn't wasn't as victorious as was once thought.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Bytor

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »

It will happen organically over time. I had heard this existed, but hadn't found my way here until a week or so ago while searching for a new 'home'. So, give it time, but really it's off to a great start already!

Ahhhh,  You know the reference
Lost in the Temple..... GMG DB Bradley (OBS) With Aubrins PID and 900W Mod Weber Genesis 2

Bytor

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 02:06:43 PM »

All I know, is if By-Tor is here, then we must be... well in a place where eternal flames are present.     Perhaps Snow Dog didn't wasn't as victorious as was once thought.

Stealthily attacking he slayed his foe and now the men are free to run from the laberythes below.

HUGE Rush fan here. 
Lost in the Temple..... GMG DB Bradley (OBS) With Aubrins PID and 900W Mod Weber Genesis 2

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 02:33:43 PM »

Pretty much takes care of it.  Thanks!

Just got on board yesterday.  I started getting the "Service Unavailable" a few weeks back and thought you guys were gone for good.  It took me a while to find this site but there was a link on another forum in response to another guy trying to find out what happened.

I am new to pellet cooking and really enjoyed the content on the old site.  My Traeger was purchased just last May and it is a hit with my family and friends.  Most of what I have cooked came from ideas found on the forum.

Thanks guys for bringing us up a new home.   

I am sure Bentley will clear it up, but this is not a new Pelletheads site.  I am not sure anyone knows what has happened there.  Most speculate they are doing some significant maintenance on the site.  Bentley put this together with help from a few others before the PH site went down.  Welcome aboard.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »

Stealthily attacking he slayed his foe and now the men are free to run from the laberythes below.

HUGE Rush fan here.

I have been a huge fan too... especially in the early years. But I must admit to never getting much past Lake Side Park on that album...  We were probably too busy getting... well we had other things that took up much of our time back then.  Turns out our lakeside park had some willows of it's own... that was a bit of a local anthem.   But I must say, if you really like the entire Caress of Steel album, you are indeed a hardcore Rush fan.    But I digress...     

On with more pelletfan members...
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2017, 06:57:04 PM »

I was watching the growth here today on a regular basis because I was curious about the numbers.

At 5: AM PST, there were 108 members. later in the morning that figure shot up to 115, with JimAZ as the latest member.
A bit later, it hit 118 and JimAZ was the latest member. Then it dropped back to 115 with (you guessed it) JimAZ again the newest member.

Now it's at 117 members, and.. Howdy JimAZ.  ???
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

JimAZ

• Using less gas.
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »

I was lucky and found this forum after the issues with another.  A lot of familiar member names showing up.
Rec Tec Mini

LowSlowFoShow

• Administrator
  • Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • smoke em if you got em
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »

I was watching the growth here today on a regular basis because I was curious about the numbers.

At 5: AM PST, there were 108 members. later in the morning that figure shot up to 115, with JimAZ as the latest member.
A bit later, it hit 118 and JimAZ was the latest member. Then it dropped back to 115 with (you guessed it) JimAZ again the newest member.

There must be some lag in the latest member update... I noticed the same thing happening yesterday as I spent 15 minutes waiting for the count to reach 100.
GMG Daniel Boone
GMG Pizza Oven
Don Godke's Downdraft
Meater Block

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2017, 08:10:19 PM »

As best as I can figure out, when a person registers for an account, they are assigned a number -- I guess the next number in line.  They then go to a pool to be approved.  Bentley does the approving because he runs all the e-mail address to see what country the person is registering from.  If we have someone from Russia or Vietnam or Nigeria, we don't approve because we can take a pretty good guess that is a spammer -- or worse.  So that person's number may not make the rotation and, I think, is reassigned.

If he knows the handle from PH, he will usually just approve.  But we don't recognize or remember all those handles, so those folks are conditionally approved and go into another pool where they are sent an e-mail and need to confirm their e-mail to make sure they aren't a robot (or whatever).  So those numbers are sitting on another list -- there are 15 people currently on that list who have been approved but have not confirmed their e-mail.

So, it is not a straight chronological count as I understand it.  Instead, it depends what your number is.  At least, that is the way it seems to me.

LowSlowFoShow

• Administrator
  • smoke em if you got em
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

So, it is not a straight chronological count as I understand it.  Instead, it depends what your number is.  At least, that is the way it seems to me.

That's some great detective work Kristin!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:05:06 AM by LowSlowFoShow »
GMG Daniel Boone
GMG Pizza Oven
Don Godke's Downdraft
Meater Block

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2017, 08:26:10 PM »

We're all coming like ants to a picnic.  A few more posts on other forums from those trying to find out what happened and the numbers will grow rapidly.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2017, 10:36:06 PM »

And to be honest with you, not what I am looking for and not the reason I started the site...but inevitable I guess!  To be quite frank, the site is growing way to fast for my liking!

A few more posts on other forums from those trying to find out what happened and the numbers will grow rapidly.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

LowSlowFoShow

• Administrator
  • smoke em if you got em
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »

200  :cool: :clap:

[ Invalid Attachment ]
GMG Daniel Boone
GMG Pizza Oven
Don Godke's Downdraft
Meater Block

TLK

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »

Nice...CONGRATS!
YS640 Silver Spring, MD  Happy Wife - Happy Life!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up