Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by elenis on 16 Mar 2018
  • I no longer have access to Performance Tests or Photos...I do distinctly remember the 2011 Performance Test of the 2 Star and I know in the high heat test it was over 500°...Not sure how much, but it was a few over!

Your testing is what helped sell me on Mak back when I saw it on the other site.
  • #32 by zephyr on 05 Jun 2019
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]      

Made my own Stainless Grate.     .............................ZEP
  • #33 by MikeMcQ on 31 Jan 2021
  • At night...when all those other brands of pellet grills are sleeping...they're dreaming of becoming a MAK!
    I 'almost' agree. But since having both a MAK 2* and Memphis Pro find both have their strengths. This weekend did a brisket using both for the cook! :rotf:

First 8 hours on the MAK smoke mode ~170f 100% Hickory. The MAK smokes lower than the Memphis. Then into aluminum pan and foiled and onto the Memphis 240f. Memphis holds heat better double walled using less pellets (not that I'm concerned about pellet consumption was my justification though). FWIW I keep Perfect Pellets in the Memphis since foiled no need to switch to Hickory. I did also sauce finish the burnt ends in the Memphis since MAK had cooled down hours ago.

Gotta keep them both happy! :clap:
Pages:
Actions