• Yes I and. Spatchcock chicken will be on the grill with beverage service
  • #4 by SmokinHandyman on 18 Feb 2018
  • Yes I and. Spatchcock chicken will be on the grill with beverage service
    Who you for today?
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Feb 2018
  • i was a casual race fan...will probably end that without any earnhardts now
  • #6 by SmokinHandyman on 18 Feb 2018
  • i was a casual race fan...will probably end that without any earnhardts now
    The racing is not what it use to be for sure.
  • #7 by gwilliams99 on 18 Feb 2018
  • i live fairly close to the Talladega track.
    20 years ago you could really see the additional traffic the week of the race. RV's were numerous.
    Nowadays, unless I see a commercial for the race, I don't even know there is a race going on. 
    It is amazing how the attendance has decreased over the years.
  • #8 by Brushpopper on 18 Feb 2018
  • If so, who are you pulling for?
    I like Ryan Blaney this year.
    There is a lot on new talent.

I don't have a favorite driver anymore.  I'm more of an old school fan and enjoyed the days before restrictor plates.  I would kind of like to See Bill Elliot's son Chase win because I was a big Awesome Bill fan, but I'm a Ford guy.  I think it's Brad Keselowski's day to win it.
  • #9 by Bentley on 18 Feb 2018
  • Speaking or restrictor plates and Bill Elliott.  I believe he had the fasted lap ever set at Talladega before them, something ridicules like 232 or maybe it was 212 mph for one lap...
  • #10 by MP09 on 18 Feb 2018
  • 48  but crashed so watch the rest and see who pulls it out...
  • #11 by Conumdrum on 18 Feb 2018
  • Good race, fun.  Some guy in a car won, great to watch. 
  • #12 by Lantern on 18 Feb 2018
  • Not so great race and a "winner" that drove through another to win and it is celebrated. LOL! The little turd even said, "I stayed in the gas.".

One other thing, if NASCAR isn't going to do ANYTHING about the constant blocking then there will continue to be so called races with 5-6 cars left out of 40 until there is a death or permanent injury.

Every other major motorsport that has cars competing side by side has a ONE MOVE blocking policy.

Can't wait for short tracks and road courses. 
    • Lantern
  • #13 by Brushpopper on 18 Feb 2018
  • Speaking or restrictor plates and Bill Elliott.  I believe he had the fasted lap ever set at Talladega before them, something ridicules like 232 or maybe it was 212 mph for one lap...

212.809 is what the patch I had on my old firesuit said.  It fit when I drove on our local dirt track.  Not so well now.  He qualified faster at Talledega than the Indy cars did that year.  Thus the beginning of restrictor plates.  NASCAR didn't want them to outshine Indy cars I guess.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #14 by Brushpopper on 18 Feb 2018
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  
    And apparently I can't attach a pic without issues.  DOH!!   ;D
  • #15 by CaptJerry on 19 Feb 2018
  • I don't think Nascar is concerned about out shining Indy, but more of a way to keep the cars
    contained on the track, and saving lives.
    Wasn't that long ago, maybe 10 years, Rusty Wallace was at Talladega doing some testing. When they were finished Rusty did a couple laps without the plate.
    Speed was unreal and tires could only take 3-4 laps.

I've been a fan since the 70's, every year it gets harder to hold my interest.
    Just glad Danica is gone, hopefully forever.
Pages:
Actions