Yes
- 55 (71.4%)
No
- 22 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by pmillen on 18 Feb 2018
  • I have a bucket head as well.  I use for the hopper.  It seems to clog up often though.  anybody else have that problem?

Pellets jam in mine if I take a large "bite."  When I go slower it's fine.

I replaced the filter with screen.  It blows fines out the exhaust so it somewhat cleans the pellets.  I was worried that the dust would explode due to static electricity or motor sparks near the impeller.  So far, I'm shrapnel free.
  • #17 by egmont on 18 Feb 2018
  • Buckethead from Home Depot with two buckets. Like several of you, one bucket for ash and the other to get pellets out of the hopper.
  • #18 by GREG-B on 19 Feb 2018
  • Another Bucket head.
  • #19 by SmokinHandyman on 19 Feb 2018
  • I use my shop vac for any and everything.

Same here.
  • #20 by Canadian John on 19 Feb 2018

•  "Shop Vac", 5 gal/6hp. Small and easily moved..Pit dedicated.
  • #21 by Trooper on 19 Feb 2018
  • I’m a buckethead
    (Yes, I’ve been called worse)
  • #22 by okie smokie on 19 Feb 2018
  • I have the Power Smith 101 ash vac.  Does a great job, but the filter bag plugs during use and has to be shaken out after each use.  If not done, all vacuum disappears as the motor chokes down.  :help:The bag protects the motor filter from getting "ashed".  I may just remove the bag and see how long it takes the motor filter to plug. NOT! Those of you who have this unit know what I mean. 
  • #23 by DMAXNAZ on 19 Feb 2018
  • I use my rigid for the grill only. Too much grease on it to use in the truck.
  • #24 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2018
  • No, but I should, and I should just get one of those bucket heads!
  • #25 by ArborAgent on 20 Feb 2018
  • I have a vac meant for cleaning ash. I switched after I saw how much ash my shop vac was kicking up during cleaning.
  • #26 by reubenray on 20 Feb 2018
  • Yes, I use the small ShopVac.  I think it a 1.5 gallon.
  • #27 by bproffer on 20 Feb 2018
  • I have one, but it is buried in the garage. I have been using the Dyson V6 stick vac... Please dont tell the wife.  :)
  • #28 by SJeP on 20 Feb 2018
  • I have one, but it is buried in the garage. I have been using the Dyson V6 stick vac... Please dont tell the wife.  :)
    Holy Cow! That's an expensive grill vacuum (and fancy too).  Your secret is safe with us.

I use the Shop-Vac ash vacuum. No ash or dust comes out the exhaust and it seems to tolerate the occasional lit pellet if I'm too quick to vacuum the grill after shutting it down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • #29 by aarondo on 20 Feb 2018

:clap: :rotf:
  • #30 by Michael_NW on 20 Feb 2018
  • I have a 1 shop vac that has been parked by the smoker for the past year . . . it's a dedicated vac now, but it didn't start that way. I wouldn't dream of starting that thing up in the garage anymore.
Pages:
Actions