Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Keto Coconut Bread.  (Read 1092 times)

wilpark

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Keto Coconut Bread.
« on: February 18, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »

So I'm on the keto bandwagon with Interminant fasting. In a Nutshell it is High fat, medium protein and low/no carbs in conjuction with eating only within an 8 hour window. 12p-8p works for me.   No food for 16 hours.

So in order to help me along this road I looked up some keto bread recipes and decided to bake a loaf.

Got to say it's pretty good.  Has the taste and texture of a savory pound cake but more durable and "bouncy".

If anyone is looking for a good recipe here it is.

https://lowcarbyum.com/coconut-flour-psyllium-husk-bread-recipe-paleo/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Goosehunter51

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Re: Keto Coconut Bread.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 09:51:02 PM »

Copied it, thank.  I am currently in ketosis.  If I can keep it here I will drop fat quick.
Smokin like a two stack MAK come on!  MAK 2 Star General #3053

wilpark

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 08:24:41 AM »

Copied it, thank.  I am currently in ketosis.  If I can keep it here I will drop fat quick.

I need to get to that point.  Make sure you powderize the psyllium husk.  The bread will not be so coarse.   

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 05:02:30 PM »

Thanks for the recipe.  I'm a keto guy too being at it for one Month as of today!  The first 3-5 days were hard as my body went through the withdraws from sugar and all the processed junk I was accustomed to eating.  I gotta say though....now it's as easy as a walk in the park.  All the cravings have disappeared and I no longer have any desire what so ever to cheat.  Can't say enough good about this "lifestyle" and now that I'm in nutritional ketosis the weight/fat is really coming off.  I'm keto for life.

Dan
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:04:11 PM by Hoosier Daddy »
Rec Tec 680 Weber 26" Kettle WSM

wilpark

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 05:18:32 PM »

Thanks for the recipe.  I'm a keto guy too being at it for one Month as of today!  The first 3-5 days were hard as my body went through the withdraws from sugar and all the processed junk I was accustomed to eating.  I gotta say though....now it's as easy as a walk in the park.  All the cravings have disappeared and I no longer have any desire what so ever to cheat.  Can't say enough good about this "lifestyle" and now that I'm in nutritional ketosis the weight/fat is really coming off.  I'm keto for life.

Dan
Great news!!!  I've also added interminant fasting as well.  I eat from noon. To 8pm.   But I think I'm eating too much.  I need to eat just two meals and a small snack. But I'm def grazing too much.

I'm down 10 lbs in 5 weeks. Not sure if I should be down more.  I started at 275 lbs.

Any case. Yes. Keto lifer. God willing. 

Goosehunter51

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 07:51:37 PM »

Dumb question, but how does one go about powderizing the husk?  Wonder if a coffee grinder will work

wilpark

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 09:07:20 AM »

Dumb question, but how does one go about powderizing the husk?  Wonder if a coffee grinder will work

Thats a good question.  I ran mine in my vitamix blender for 20 seconds.  Coffe grinder could work too

wilpark

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »

They also sell psyllium powder if you hadn't bought the husks yet.  Psyllium is a terrific fiber that mimics gluten.  It also move things along in your body so drink plenty of water.

bproffer

• Using less gas.
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »

Copied the link. Thanks. Been doing Keto and IF since the 1st of the year. I usually do between 12-16 hours fasted, sometimes more and sometimes less.  Started at 265 and weighed in at 235 this morning. Had a bad couple days and knocked myself out of ketosis end of last week. I'm back at it again this morning.

Goosehunter51

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 04:14:25 PM »

I have ordered the ingredients and plan to try this either this week or next.  Will update with my thoughts.  Keto in Bakersfield, who would have thunk it.

bproffer

• Using less gas.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 04:35:19 PM »

I have ordered the ingredients and plan to try this either this week or next.  Will update with my thoughts.  Keto in Bakersfield, who would have thunk it.

You are in Bakersfield? I am as well. Small world.

wilpark

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 04:47:47 PM »

Copied the link. Thanks. Been doing Keto and IF since the 1st of the year. I usually do between 12-16 hours fasted, sometimes more and sometimes less.  Started at 265 and weighed in at 235 this morning. Had a bad couple days and knocked myself out of ketosis end of last week. I'm back at it again this morning.
Thats terrific!!!  I should be losing like you.  Are you also exercising too. I haven't been able to do any meaningful activity

Goosehunter51

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 04:50:11 PM »

And we work for the same company.

bproffer

• Using less gas.
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 04:51:50 PM »

And we work for the same company.

MIND-BLOWN!  ???

Goosehunter51

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 04:56:26 PM »

At least I think we do, with all the changes recently who really knows anymore.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up