Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 18 Feb 2018
  • Disscussion Thread for Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition

Pros:

Quick and easy belt changes. Makes changing grits very simple.
    Variable belt speed.
    Angel adjustment for different types of knives.
    Handy chart with angle setting for common knives.

Cons:

Not a one pass unit.  Having to change belts to get the finished product.
    Instructions say to not use with continuous belt motion, that you should only have belt running just as long as it takes you to pull the knife through.

Obvious a review cannot speak to longevity or thinks like life of belts.  That is where the Members who own the units input is so helpful.  If you look at the video, you can see how the 2 chefs knives cut paper before and after, a Very Marked difference.  Sharper then My Niery has ever made them.  One is a $5 knife, the other a little higher end Wusthof ...Both sharper the I have ever seen them!

• #2 by Trooper on 18 Feb 2018
  • Don't care for mine. Sits on the shelf unattended.

Belts don't seem to last very long. Many complain of the rounding on the tips of their knives.

I should probably being it along to the Royal and gift it to the person who tries the hardest in the competitions.
  • #3 by Bentley on 18 Feb 2018
  • I have some reading to do.

• #4 by hughver on 18 Feb 2018
  • Don't care for mine. Sits on the shelf unattended.

Belts don't seem to last very long. Many complain of the rounding on the tips of their knives.

I should probably being it along to the Royal and gift it to the person who tries the hardest in the competitions.

Ditto, mine resides in a box in the garage.
  • #5 by ArborAgent on 18 Feb 2018
  • I have a chefs choice  Trizor XV. It seems to take good care of my knives and keep them sharp. I don’t use it on my Takeda, but my other knives are all mass produced and if I wear them out a bit sooner I don’t really care.
  • #6 by Goosehunter51 on 18 Feb 2018
  • Really looking forward to this one. 
  • #7 by Old Smokey on 19 Feb 2018
  • I am also very interested in this performance test. I’m also interested in how it compares to the Edge Pro Apex 3 Knife Sharpener if anyone has experience with both.
  • #8 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2018
  • Going to open the box right now.
  • #9 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2018
  • Photos Above!

So, I am trying to determine what parameters would be good for a sharpening review?  How do I show you a dull knife?  How do I show you a sharp knife?  So if you all have any suggestions, I will try and implement, otherwise, I will read up and try my best!
  • #10 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2018
  • Yes I was chastised for not having two sections, sorry!  Will merge this thread when finished!
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Feb 2018
  • You should find a ginzu commerical and replicate it :rotf:
  • #12 by LowSlowJoe on 19 Feb 2018
  • Knifes I sharpen by hand... with a couple diamond 'stones'...   Only use I'd have for a power tool like that would be if I wanted to sharpen things like hedge clippers, mower blades, etc...
  • #13 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2018
  • I guess there is an optional attachment for just that.

Only use I'd have for a power tool like that would be if I wanted to sharpen things like hedge clippers, mower blades, etc...
  • #14 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2018
  • So, I am trying to determine what parameters would be good for a sharpening review?  How do I show you a dull knife?  How do I show you a sharp knife?  So if you all have any suggestions, I will try and implement, otherwise, I will read up and try my best!
    Modify message

• #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Feb 2018
  • So, I am trying to determine what parameters would be good for a sharpening review?  How do I show you a dull knife?  How do I show you a sharp knife?  So if you all have any suggestions, I will try and implement, otherwise, I will read up and try my best!
    Modify message

You didn't like my idea?
Pages:
Actions