Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Interest in Another Member Funded Purchase, Review & Drawing of a Product?  (Read 1913 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

I think the Uuni 3 Pellet Pizza Oven was a great experiment in the members funding the purchase of a product for evaluation and testing.  Is there any interest in doing more of these?  If so, what do you all want to see funded and evaluated?

If I get enough of a list, I can get pricing info and do a poll.

I guess there are many things -- meat grinder, those marinade tumblers, sous vide machine, griddles -- what do you all want to see?

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana

I will run the paypal, but stay out of the drawings. All those sound good. Would you be willing to do a lower end pit? Like the vertical pit boss. 

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

everything you listed Kristin and I like the thought of testing one of those vertical smokers too and one of those fancy more expensive injectors
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey

I'm game.  All those sound good, maybe add a vacuum sealer to the list?

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas

I’d be interested in a knife sharpener, souls vide and the vertical pit as well. Probably much more than that but I’m sure others will come up with some great ideas

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator

I don't think the vertical smoker is a problem, folks just have to understand most cost for both the smoker and the shipping.  I just quickly looked at the Pit Boss vertical pellet smoker.  We can get for $500 from the Home Depot in Warrenton with no shipping (did not really shop -- maybe some of you folks could find a much better deal, even with shipping).

I see it is 108 lbs, so did a quick fed ex from Culpeper to Bremerton WA (about the farthest we could go -- I don't believe we could go overseas and I think Canada is also probably out, but I am open to what others find on shipping) and that comes to $152.

So, for that unit, probably looking at $653 max to be raised.  I don't know what folks would think about something that is 1/3 more expensive than the Uuni?  You all are the participants, so you need to tell me.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

higher end remote thermometers - fireboard, tappecue, etc.

Blaz'n Smoker Pro vs amazin tube vs amazin rectangular model

Sear daddy
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:23:29 PM by Bar-B-Lew »
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator

I'm game.  All those sound good, maybe add a vacuum sealer to the list?
Do you mean a chamber vac sealer?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

I cant do a better review then LowSlowJoe did on the Fireboard, or your Smoke Review!  The Tappecue is "coming back"  I just cant say when yet.

As far as the Aux smoke devices...Meh, so subjective, I realize a Review is somewhat subjective, but not sure how to quantify it?  Not trying to kibash your input...

higher end remote thermometers - fireboard, tappecue, etc.

Blaz'n Smoker Pro vs amazin tube vs amazin rectangular model
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

power invertor for pellet grill

pizza stone or steel for pellet grill (higher end model) that will fit most pellet grills

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

As far as the Aux smoke devices...Meh, so subjective, I realize a Review is somewhat subjective, but not sure how to quantify it?  Not trying to kibash your input...

Video of unit lighting it, closing door of grill, and video of smoke generation for 5-10 minutes or how ever long until it takes for it to quit billowing and temp inside grill while device is smoking - curious to see how much it increases temps

then do the same with the grill set at 200° and 250°

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana

I don't think the vertical smoker is a problem, folks just have to understand most cost for both the smoker and the shipping.  I just quickly looked at the Pit Boss vertical pellet smoker.  We can get for $500 from the Home Depot in Warrenton with no shipping (did not really shop -- maybe some of you folks could find a much better deal, even with shipping).

I see it is 108 lbs, so did a quick fed ex from Culpeper to Bremerton WA (about the farthest we could go -- I don't believe we could go overseas and I think Canada is also probably out, but I am open to what others find on shipping) and that comes to $152.

So, for that unit, probably looking at $653 max to be raised.  I don't know what folks would think about something that is 1/3 more expensive than the Uuni?  You all are the participants, so you need to tell me.

Just saw it today at Menards for 399. Not sure if you have those stores or if it's the exact same model.

yorkdude

• Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas

I think there are 2 sizes, one is 2.2 cu.ft and the other is 3 something. Louisiana also has one I think?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

That offer was made about 3 months ago, on anything they chose to send.

Blazing has a new barrel smoker.  You can see a picture of it on their Facebook page.  Maybe get Tim to let you test it?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 02:49:02 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up