Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Lantern on 28 Jan 2018
  • Hello everybody. My name's Chris and I've been making BBQ and grilling for a few decades now.(dang..... :'() I love cooking on different cookers and have always wanted a pellet cooker, but never have pulled the trigger. Well, that's changed and I have a new MAK coming my way in a little while. So, like most everything I am interested in or have invested money in, I study and try to get as much information about it as possible. That lead me here and hopefully I can not just learn, but contribute to this forum with what I bring to the table.

• Lantern
  • #2 by riverrat49 on 28 Jan 2018
  • Welcome to PF from Spokane, WA
  • #3 by Quadman750 on 28 Jan 2018
  • Welcome to the forum
  • #4 by Canadian John on 28 Jan 2018
  •  A friendly welcome to  you, Mike... Unfortunately I fear you may end up with an addition problem - your new pit. The new Mak should be an

asset to your cooking experience.... There are a lot of us "older guys" here.
  • #5 by triplebq on 28 Jan 2018
  • Welcome to the group. Is WNC Western NC?
  • #6 by Fire708 on 28 Jan 2018
  • Welcome to Pelletfan! Enjoy your new pit.
  • #7 by Michael_NW on 28 Jan 2018
  • Hey Lantern! Welcome! You're going to love your new smoker; plenty of folks here to help you navigate any bumps in the road along the way.
  • #8 by Lantern on 28 Jan 2018

Yep. Just a bit outside Asheville.
    • Lantern
  • #9 by triplebq on 28 Jan 2018

Yep. Just a bit outside Asheville.

I know the area well. I'm in Charlotte.
  • #10 by Th3Batman86 on 29 Jan 2018
  • Welcome! I have a SIL out in Cashiers area. I've never made it out there myself but my wife goes and says it's beautiful country. I know it is BBQ country
  • #11 by sac3848 on 16 Feb 2018
  • Glad I found this forum I'm in Brevard NC and discovered pellet grills last year Started with a Memohis Pro,added a cookshack cb 24 and just got a fast eddy pg 1000 for fl house I got it bad Put on 3 slabs of ribs for the workmen here today Just love the convenience and and the flavor
    Best of luck with yours
  • #12 by triplebq on 16 Feb 2018
  • Glad I found this forum I'm in Brevard NC and discovered pellet grills last year Started with a Memohis Pro,added a cookshack cb 24 and just got a fast eddy pg 1000 for fl house I got it bad Put on 3 slabs of ribs for the workmen here today Just love the convenience and and the flavor
    Best of luck with yours

CB24 oh yea!
  • #13 by Ralphie on 16 Feb 2018
  • Welcome to the board!  I'm also from NC (Raleigh).
Pages:
Actions