Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by BigDave83 on 14 Mar 2018
  • Not sure how the H I missed that. Sorry.
  • #17 by bobbert on 14 Mar 2018
  • Not sure how the H I missed that. Sorry.

No biggie, hey I read it and still went through with emailing the company knowing full well the reply I would get.
  • #18 by Bentley on 14 Mar 2018
  • I guess I am just more curious then others.  Would never have dawned on me they are going to change their policy, I would have just been curious as to why it was the policy.  And I don't know how they would determine if it was being used in a residence or not!
  • #19 by bobbert on 14 Mar 2018
  • I guess I am just more curious then others.  Would never have dawned on me they are going to change their policy, I would have just been curious as to why it was the policy.  And I don't know how they would determine if it was being used in a residence or not!
    I have not known this company that long to know that the policy was different at one time.   Maybe they found that a commercial business would be more inclined to have separate slicers, one for meat and one for cheese or other things, and home users where more inclined to run everything through this one slicer including frozen and the odd pvc pipe from time to time.   As far as determining who is using it, probably could go by if it's shipped to a residence or not.  I know not a catch all but just a guess.   Anyway there are plenty of options out there including the Chef's Choice which you have had good luck with and don't seem to have a problem with an average joe or bobbert using their product.
  • #20 by BigDave83 on 15 Mar 2018
  • Kaitlyn, sent me the following when I asked about the warranty being voided for home use.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Avantco! We appreciate your interest in our products. Avantco is a commercial brand and would not be designed or intended for home use. Commercial units often draw far more electrical power and are much louder than residential models, and many residential users do not expect the extra strain on their electricity or the extra noise.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Thank you, "

• #21 by Bentley on 15 Mar 2018
  • Thanks for that!  I don't get it, but as bobbert pointed out...That really does not matter to Avantco!
  • #22 by BigDave83 on 15 Mar 2018
  • I don't either, when you figure that most microwaves are 1000-1300 watts and many other appliances as well as space heaters are 1500W
  • #23 by glitchy on 16 Mar 2018
  • I have a Cabela’s slicer that looks very similar to Bentley’s. I don’t use it much, but it has worked very well when I have. If you watch close it sometimes goes on sale for up to half off.
  • #24 by ScottWood on 13 Apr 2018
  • I'm curious if anyone has experience with the Cabelas "Commercial" meat slicers?

I have looked at them at the local Cabelas store, and they seem much better built than the "regular" slicers that they offer, but haven't been able to find any really detailed reviews.
  • #25 by bobbert on 13 Apr 2018
  • Kaitlyn, sent me the following when I asked about the warranty being voided for home use.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Avantco! We appreciate your interest in our products. Avantco is a commercial brand and would not be designed or intended for home use. Commercial units often draw far more electrical power and are much louder than residential models, and many residential users do not expect the extra strain on their electricity or the extra noise.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Thank you, "

I just got a straight no we don't, not the added editorial that you got.  Had to laugh at the loudness comment, anyone can throw up a video of one of these running and know they are nowhere near as loud as a residential unit.   My parents had an old Rival that could wake the dead.    I ended up getting a 10" LEM, it's list price is up there but an online store was running a special $100 off.   So far so good but no real history  to give any type of recommendation on it.
Pages:
Actions