Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New Memphis Pro Owner  (Read 4498 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: New Memphis Pro Owner
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 01:54:09 PM »

Unfortunately neither my dealer or Memphis seem to want to make it right so far.  :(  They are both saying they will not swap the grill for a non-defective unit and that they just want to replace the hood.  The hood is a long lead part and it will be several weeks before a new hood gets in.  Meanwhile, the grill uses a ton of pellets when operating due to no seal on the hood.

Tell the dealer to give you your money back.  Order one from where gtsum2 bought his.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 02:02:54 PM »

Sorry, but it sounds like a dealer issue and you need to make him/her understand you want your money back.  If I bought a Chevy from a dealer with a problem, I would go back to that dealer because they are the one that took my money.

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »

Assuming you used a credit card, file a complaint too. This is ridiculous!!!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2018, 02:45:55 PM »

These are the threads that are trying for an owner of a forum like this.  You want to have folks be able to express thoughts and opinions on just about anything, but we also don't want Members to feel like they can hold Manufactures hostage to make something right!  When it is not their responsibility to do so.

Now that everyone is riled up, I am not accusing MadFoodScientist of doing that...but it can sure come across that way.

I agree that it is a dealer issue.  And I will simply be blunt as that seems to work best for me.  Brining the Manufacture into it and saying they won't make it right does seem like you are trying to guilt them into doing so.

And I guess my last question is which quote below is accurate?  If the dealer makes it right, will you be satisfied?

I am hoping you paid with a CC, I believe all have dispute services now days.  I do not believe you will be happy with this unit, and maybe I am way off base with this next comment, do not believe due to this experience you may ever be satisfied with a Hearthland Product. 

Seems to me you have excellent documentation of what has happened between you and the dealer and I would think that should be very valuable in a resolution!

I will update once the new parts are installed.  If the new hood stops the smoke leaking/ high pellet usage then I will be satisified but I do think it is a bummer that such a high cost grill was sold to me defective and now will essentially be a refurbished grill.   

Unfortunately neither my dealer or Memphis seem to want to make it right so far. 
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

MadFoodScientist

• Using less gas.
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »

I am not trying to throw blame at Memphis Grills or hold them hostage as I definitely see where they are coming from and my initial reaction was that the dealer needs to make it right (which is why I waited 2 weeks working with the dealer before really reaching out to Memphis).  That being said, Memphis does pick who they allow to be dealers of the product.  According to the dealer, it is up to Memphis if they replace just the hood or the whole grill (again this is according to the dealer). 
   I have done everything I think I can (beyond looking into legal solutions which I am not really wanting to do) to try to get the dealer to take the grill back (including talking to one of the owners of the dealer).    I would say I feel more helpless at this point then anything which is very frustrating.
------------ Memphis Pro 304 Louisiana Grill CS540 Big Steel Keg

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »

Yep, file a claim with the credit card company. The threat of a charge back might be enough to get the dealer to move on this. I don't think it can hurt.

I am the owner of a Memphis Elite due to a similar situation. The original owner sold me the grill because it was damaged during delivery, and neither the dealer or mfg made it right to his satisfaction.
I got a pretty nice deal on grill that was only used a couple of time.   

rwalters

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »

Yep, file a claim with the credit card company. The threat of a charge back might be enough to get the dealer to move on this. I don't think it can hurt.

I am the owner of a Memphis Elite due to a similar situation. The original owner sold me the grill because it was damaged during delivery, and neither the dealer or mfg made it right to his satisfaction.
I got a pretty nice deal on grill that was only used a couple of time.
Interesting...

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2018, 04:43:21 PM »

You could also go to small claims court.  Usually pretty cheap to file and neither side can have a lawyer.  I had a one landlord who tried to stiff me out of my deposit.  A few days after I served him with the papers I got my deposit plus my "court costs" by check in the mail.

MadFoodScientist

• Using less gas.
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »

I just filed a dispute with the credit card company so we will see what happens.  I will keep the claims court option in mind as well if the credit card company does not come through.

rwalters

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »

I just filed a dispute with the credit card company so we will see what happens.  I will keep the claims court option in mind as well if the credit card company does not come through.
Glad to hear you are holding their feet to the fire! What they are doing is just wrong.

rwalters

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 10:39:49 AM »

Glad to hear you are holding their feet to the fire! What they are doing is just wrong.
Any update?  Super curious to hear how this ends up being handled...

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2018, 10:02:47 AM »

+1.

MadFoodScientist

• Using less gas.
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 12:43:31 PM »

Thanks for checking in guys!  I was out of town last week on vacation but the dealer came by at the end of the week and swapped the hood out for a new hood.  I am happy to report it lines up correctly now!  It looks like I did indeed have a warped hood.  The dealer also attached the cord bracket correctly.  I have not had a chance yet to do any low and slow but have done some steaks this week.  Everything appears to be working.  I am planning to do some low and slow this weekend (I will post results) but if it works like it is supposed to- I am going to call the credit card company Monday and remove the dispute. 

bregent

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2018, 12:47:31 PM »

Great, glad to hear there was a happy ending to the story. Enjoy the pit.

glitchy

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »

To hopefully ease the pain, having just assembled mine, there's extra holes both in the cord bracket and the grill shelf itself and they are equal distance apart and slightly different sizes probably by about .5-1 mm. If you hit the wrong hole, the screw does not really tread in, but it close enough in size that it doesn't easily just slip back out either...I know all this because I missed on the underside of the shelf the first time because I didn't want to lay on the floor under the shelf to put in 2 screws. I felt wasn't threading and stopped to look closer.

Anyway, point being to hopefully ease some worry there, I'm thinking there's a good chance they used the correct hardware and just hit the wrong hole. These were the only screws I recall from the install (there were 10 bolts for the shelves), so it would have been hard to mix them up and use in a different step.

Happy cooking, enjoy the new Pro! Looks like you should be all set to go.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up