Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dk117 on 27 Feb 2018
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • dk117
  • #2 by dk117 on 27 Feb 2018
  • The wife is a teacher.   Once a month a group at her school gets together for lunch, all staff participates.   It's just a large potluck.   I hear many of the teachers are paleo, atkins, keto.   So 15 lbs of no skin chicken thighs cut up and marinated overnight with initial dusting of smoked paprika then Stubbs Moppin Sauce (low carb gluten free).  Skewered and onto the smoker.   180 for a bit then 225.  About 3 hours total, 170 IT (I missed the 165 to ensure doneness for all tastes.)  Got a little ash flare up moving from 180 to 225 which is rare for the Traeger.  Gave it the darker color.

Anyway, this morning into the crock pot with some additional sauce.  Will end up in the teachers lounge on the warm setting for the next 4 hours.  Now I just have to hope it goes well with the rest of the potluck which will be a variety of salads and side dishes.

DK
    • dk117
  • #3 by pmillen on 27 Feb 2018
  • That's a top notch cook.  Clever, too.
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 27 Feb 2018
  • Nothing wrong with that cook dk, looks great.  Where did you say that pot luck was taking place???  Haha!
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Feb 2018
  • Bet folks are fighting over that!!!
  • #6 by Canadian John on 27 Feb 2018

•  Looks very good to me..super job. :clap:
Pages:
Actions