Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Goosehunter51 on 24 Feb 2018
  • Alright, first dealer I went to I found an Elite older model floor model, no WiFi, old controller, still tagged at $4,999.  Lowest they would go was $4,799, so I walked.

This was the first time I had seen a Memphis In person and I was impressed.  The Elite is huge, really don’t need that much grill space, so I am leaning toward the Pro.

Second dealer had a Pro floor model, 304S, WiFi, new controller and all the good stuff for $3,899.  Owner was not in so he will be calling tomorrow to start a possible deal.  MSRP is $3,899, what would you all consider a good price for this unit.  Already assembled, and I pick it up.  Thanks
  • #2 by Bobitis on 25 Feb 2018
  • MSRP cracks me up. It's like saying, "the list price is $1000.00 and I'll give you 15% off". Yippy skippy...

I sell stuff all day long and can tell you that there's a ton of $$$ behind the curtain. Example... I have an item that has a list price of $1.00. I can buy it at a box store for $.60. That's a screaming 40% off!  :cool: When I get to werk, that item costs me $.16 and there's $$$ hidden behind that. That new water heater you just got a great deal on at $1K? I get it for 1/2 that.

Shop, shop, shop...
  • #3 by Canadian John on 25 Feb 2018

• I agree, shop around..Unfortunately, the season is starting. That makes deals harder to come by.
  • #4 by Goosehunter51 on 26 Feb 2018
  • Spoke to the guys at Texas Star Grill Shop today, Ken I think.  He used to work for Memphis.  They really seem to have their stuff together.  Now decision time, long range out of San Diego or grill?  Or both? 
  • #5 by Bentley on 26 Feb 2018
  • How many days is it?

Now decision time, long range out of San Diego...
  • #6 by Goosehunter51 on 26 Feb 2018
  • How many days is it?

Now decision time, long range out of San Diego...

Looking at either a 2.5 or 4.5 as it will be my first overnight trip in the ocean.
Pages:
Actions