Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Andygev35 on 25 Feb 2018
  • Anyone have any experience with Camp Chef Cherry pellets?  Just picked up three 20lb bags off Amazon for $11.79 each with free shipping.  I figured for that price it was worth the risk.
  • #2 by Andygev35 on 25 Feb 2018
  • Yes, I use them fairly often especially for any pork cooks.  They burn clean, with a nice, sweet flavor and a very noticeable smoke ring even at higher temps.
    good deal, thanks.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Feb 2018
  • Yes, I use them fairly often especially for any pork cooks.  They burn clean, with a nice, sweet flavor and a very noticeable smoke ring even at higher temps.
    good deal, thanks.

+2

I didn't need pellets but this is a good price and i like what cherry does for color on the meat
  • #4 by Darwin on 25 Feb 2018
  • I like cherry for white meats & cheese.  I also think it does colour the meat more than some of the other woods. I have used it from two different producers and I like them both.
    Cabela's Pecan/Cherry mix is still on my list to try.  Then again, maybe I should reduce inventory and just mix my own...
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Feb 2018
  • anyone know the species of these?  100% cherry or a cherry and something else mix?  mix ratio?
  • #6 by MikeBsBBQ on 27 Feb 2018
  • Candy Weaver owner of BBQrsDelight has her choice Candy's Contest pellets using Cherry and Pecan both have a base of Oak wood. This is not a pre mixed blend. For more info go to their web site store.
    http://store.bbqrsdelight.com/pd-candy-s-contest-pellets.cfm
    • MikeBsBBQ
  • #7 by Andygev35 on 28 Feb 2018
  • anyone know the species of these?  100% cherry or a cherry and something else mix?  mix ratio?
    Camp Chef uses an alder base for their pellets with a percentage of flavor species.  According to a post on pelletheads, the ratio is a closely guarded secret, but is supposedly a "very significant amount" of flavor wood vs base.  Mine are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I will likely test them out this weekend.  I'll update when I can.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Feb 2018
  • I ordered two bags that are scheduled for delivery today.  Not sure when they will get put into use yet.
Pages:
Actions