Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camp Chef Cherry Pellets  (Read 1140 times)

Andygev35

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
    • Grilla Owners Forum
Camp Chef Cherry Pellets
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:45:36 AM »

Anyone have any experience with Camp Chef Cherry pellets?  Just picked up three 20lb bags off Amazon for $11.79 each with free shipping.  I figured for that price it was worth the risk.
Founder of grilla-forums.com, a forum for owners of Grilla Grills and people looking for information about them.

Andygev35

• Grilla Owners Forum
Re: Camp Chef Cherry Pellets
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »

Yes, I use them fairly often especially for any pork cooks.  They burn clean, with a nice, sweet flavor and a very noticeable smoke ring even at higher temps.
good deal, thanks.
Founder of grilla-forums.com, a forum for owners of Grilla Grills and people looking for information about them.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 11:02:06 AM »

Yes, I use them fairly often especially for any pork cooks.  They burn clean, with a nice, sweet flavor and a very noticeable smoke ring even at higher temps.
good deal, thanks.

+2

I didn't need pellets but this is a good price and i like what cherry does for color on the meat
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 05:30:46 PM »

I like cherry for white meats & cheese.  I also think it does colour the meat more than some of the other woods. I have used it from two different producers and I like them both.
Cabela's Pecan/Cherry mix is still on my list to try.  Then again, maybe I should reduce inventory and just mix my own...

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 11:33:22 PM »

anyone know the species of these?  100% cherry or a cherry and something else mix?  mix ratio?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

MikeBsBBQ

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 11:46:09 PM »

Candy Weaver owner of BBQrsDelight has her choice Candy's Contest pellets using Cherry and Pecan both have a base of Oak wood. This is not a pre mixed blend. For more info go to their web site store.
http://store.bbqrsdelight.com/pd-candy-s-contest-pellets.cfm

Andygev35

• Grilla Owners Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 07:39:11 AM »

anyone know the species of these?  100% cherry or a cherry and something else mix?  mix ratio?
Camp Chef uses an alder base for their pellets with a percentage of flavor species.  According to a post on pelletheads, the ratio is a closely guarded secret, but is supposedly a "very significant amount" of flavor wood vs base.  Mine are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, so I will likely test them out this weekend.  I'll update when I can.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 07:59:37 AM »

I ordered two bags that are scheduled for delivery today.  Not sure when they will get put into use yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up