Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by stickjiggler on 25 Feb 2018
  • Looking to buy a pellet smoker soon for small cooks. Only 2 people. Which ones should I consider
  • #2 by Peterwoody on 25 Feb 2018
  • I was faced with the same problem. I bought the Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett and have been more than happy with my choice.
  • #3 by Bentley on 25 Feb 2018
  • Can you define small with a sq. in. or dimensions size for members to help you...
  • #4 by wilpark on 25 Feb 2018
  • Seems like for price, features and quality the Davy Crockett receives high marks. Wifi pellet grill for about $350.00 is pretty good.

You can also plug into a 12v cigarette lighter or regular outlet for power.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #5 by Peterwoody on 25 Feb 2018
  • lyork posted in the GMG section that he purchased one at Sams Club for around $250 which is a great deal.
  • #6 by wilpark on 25 Feb 2018
  • lyork posted in the GMG section that he purchased one at Sams Club for around $250 which is a great deal.
    Wow!   Thats terrific.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #7 by silverbullet on 25 Feb 2018
  • +3 on the Davy Crockett! One mean LiL cooker! Will do everything from smoking a couple Pork Butts to grillin some fantastic steaks. Come April I'll of had mine for 4 trouble free years!
  • #8 by stickjiggler on 25 Feb 2018
  • Thanks all. I just ordered the GMG DC from Sams for $267 to my door. Figured I wouldnt find a cheaper option" to get my feet wet ".
  • #9 by Bentley on 25 Feb 2018
  • Probably a true statement!
  • #10 by jstrand on 26 Feb 2018
  • Not only is that a great price from Sams Club but it also comes with the cover, tote bag and 8 pounds of pellets. The cover and tote would cost 100 bucks.
  • #11 by Ralphie on 26 Feb 2018
  • Fantastic deal!  My Sam's Club app is now telling me it's "out of stock online".  But don't take that as gospel. Check for yourself if interested.
  • #12 by stickjiggler on 26 Feb 2018
  • Are there any mods I should consider right from the get go.
  • #13 by ksupaul on 26 Feb 2018
  • My brother has a Davy Crockett and we cooked on it on a Colorado trip this last summer. I found his cooked too hot at the grate for the pizzas we cooked. Cool on top with crust burnt. The biggest issue was the pork butt I did. Burnt the bottom to the foil after it was wrapped. While I am one for bark, there was a layer of charcoal on the bottom. Anyone else have this issue? Wonder if a baking stone or an unglazed ceramic tile between the food bottom would distribute this heat more evenly. Sure works in an RV oven.
  • #14 by jstrand on 26 Feb 2018
  • Never had anything burn that bad on the bottom. Did he have the heat shield slid over where the holes were exposed instead of blocked?
  • #15 by ksupaul on 27 Feb 2018
  • Never had anything burn that bad on the bottom. Did he have the heat shield slid over where the holes were exposed instead of blocked?

Good to know you don’t have issues. I honestly don’t know about the heat shield. I will look at it next time. Hopefully that was it!
Pages:
Actions